Desktop Picture Transparency Hacks -- Every now and then I come across a site documenting something truly clever - not necessarily useful, but clever nonetheless. The French-language MacBidoulle site has been collecting pictures of computers - mostly Macs - whose desktop pictures have been very carefully manipulated such that it appears as though the monitor is entirely transparent. Some were clearly created purely as a joke, such as the desktop picture of a cat, with the real cat's tail snaking out to the side. But with others, such as the picture of wood panelling that makes its iMac blend into the wall behind, you get the impression that the creator really wanted to make the Mac fit into its surroundings. Next time you have a few minutes to burn, check out the Flickr set collecting all the images. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
Published in TidBITS 821.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2006-002 v1.1 Fixes Safari Glitch
- Ovolab Ships Major Phlink Update
- Joe Kissell Joins TidBITS as Senior Editor
- Microsoft Entourage Gets Spotlight and Sync
- NetNewsWire Public Beta with NewsGator Synchronization
- Burning Down the Disc
- Take Control News/20-Mar-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Mar-06