Interarchy 8 Adds WebDAV, Widgets, and Bonjour -- Peter Lewis and Stairways Software have released Interarchy 8.0, a major upgrade to the powerful file transfer and network monitoring application. Significant new features in Interarchy 8.0 include support for WebDAV (including Apple's iDisk), Automator (Download, List, Upload), local FTP server detection via Bonjour, Dashboard (in the form of Bookmark and Network Status widgets), FTP/SSL-TLS, HTTPS, and HTTP Authentication. Changes to Interarchy's interface are also notable: The Connect to Server window encapsulates all the steps necessary in an Automator-like interface, there are Action menus everywhere with available actions, there's an option to select new tabs as they're created, tabs can be permanently colorized, and the Transfers window behavior has been improved. Mirroring of local and remote folders has also been enhanced with a combined Mirror Reports window and Mirror Dry Run option (in Interarchy's Mirror preferences) that lets you see what will happen before committing to a long file transfer. Interarchy 8.0 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, including Tiger, and it's now a universal binary for people using Intel-based Macs. Upgrades are free for those who purchased Interarchy 7 after 01-Jan-06; otherwise upgrades cost $20 and new copies are $40. It's an 8.4 MB download. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Published in TidBITS 824.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update
- Listen in as Apple Turns 30
- Universal Final Cut Studio Now Shipping
- DealBITS Drawing: Disc Cover Winners
- iPod Update Offers Maximum Volume Setting
- Comparing Business Card Design Software
- Wanted: Better Document Collaboration System
- Take Control News/03-Apr-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/03-Apr-06