Interarchy 8 Adds WebDAV, Widgets, and Bonjour -- Peter Lewis and Stairways Software have released Interarchy 8.0, a major upgrade to the powerful file transfer and network monitoring application. Significant new features in Interarchy 8.0 include support for WebDAV (including Apple's iDisk), Automator (Download, List, Upload), local FTP server detection via Bonjour, Dashboard (in the form of Bookmark and Network Status widgets), FTP/SSL-TLS, HTTPS, and HTTP Authentication. Changes to Interarchy's interface are also notable: The Connect to Server window encapsulates all the steps necessary in an Automator-like interface, there are Action menus everywhere with available actions, there's an option to select new tabs as they're created, tabs can be permanently colorized, and the Transfers window behavior has been improved. Mirroring of local and remote folders has also been enhanced with a combined Mirror Reports window and Mirror Dry Run option (in Interarchy's Mirror preferences) that lets you see what will happen before committing to a long file transfer. Interarchy 8.0 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, including Tiger, and it's now a universal binary for people using Intel-based Macs. Upgrades are free for those who purchased Interarchy 7 after 01-Jan-06; otherwise upgrades cost $20 and new copies are $40. It's an 8.4 MB download. [ACE]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 824.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update
- Listen in as Apple Turns 30
- Universal Final Cut Studio Now Shipping
- DealBITS Drawing: Disc Cover Winners
- iPod Update Offers Maximum Volume Setting
- Comparing Business Card Design Software
- Wanted: Better Document Collaboration System
- Take Control News/03-Apr-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/03-Apr-06
Interarchy 8 Adds WebDAV, Widgets, and Bonjour
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>