Apple Speeds Up MacBook Pro Models -- On the same day that Apple released the MacBook (see our coverage in this issue), the company shuffled the configurations on the MacBook Pro laptops. Both the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models offer Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and 2.16 GHz configurations at the previous prices of the 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz models (2.16 GHz was previously a build-to-order option.) Apple also added a new build-to-order change to the MacBook Pro: both models can be configured, at no extra charge, with the glossy screen introduced with the MacBook. [MHA]
New Documents in Snow Leopard's TextEdit
In the Snow Leopard version of TextEdit, you can now create a new document by Control-clicking TextEdit's Dock icon (when it's running), and choosing New Document from the pop-up menu. This isn't a major feature, of course, since you can also just press Command-N while in TextEdit, but consider Control-clicking other applications' Dock icons to see what functions they might make available.
Published in TidBITS 830.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Parallels Issues Release Candidate of Virtual Machine
- DealBITS Drawing: DoorStop X Security Suite Winners
- MacBook Fills Out Laptop Line
- Creative Hits Apple With iPod Patent Suit
- Final Cut Express HD 3.5 Goes Universal
- Apple Reminds Us of Trusting, Verifying
- Take Control News/22-May-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-May-06