Apple Speeds Up MacBook Pro Models -- On the same day that Apple released the MacBook (see our coverage in this issue), the company shuffled the configurations on the MacBook Pro laptops. Both the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models offer Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and 2.16 GHz configurations at the previous prices of the 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz models (2.16 GHz was previously a build-to-order option.) Apple also added a new build-to-order change to the MacBook Pro: both models can be configured, at no extra charge, with the glossy screen introduced with the MacBook. [MHA]
Set Time Zone Automatically in Snow Leopard
Frequent travelers may be interested to know that in Snow Leopard your time zone can now be set automatically by bringing up the Date & Time preference pane, clicking the Time Zone view, and selecting Set Time Zone Automatically. A progress spinner appears while Snow Leopard sends off information about the Wi-Fi signals in your vicinity and receives location data back.
Published in TidBITS 830.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Parallels Issues Release Candidate of Virtual Machine
- DealBITS Drawing: DoorStop X Security Suite Winners
- MacBook Fills Out Laptop Line
- Creative Hits Apple With iPod Patent Suit
- Final Cut Express HD 3.5 Goes Universal
- Apple Reminds Us of Trusting, Verifying
- Take Control News/22-May-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-May-06