Apple Speeds Up MacBook Pro Models -- On the same day that Apple released the MacBook (see our coverage in this issue), the company shuffled the configurations on the MacBook Pro laptops. Both the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models offer Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and 2.16 GHz configurations at the previous prices of the 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz models (2.16 GHz was previously a build-to-order option.) Apple also added a new build-to-order change to the MacBook Pro: both models can be configured, at no extra charge, with the glossy screen introduced with the MacBook. [MHA]
Enter Dashboard, Expose, or Spaces Temporarily
Hold down F9, F10, F11, or F12 (or whatever you've set for the Expose and Spaces keyboard shortcuts) for a few seconds, and then release the key to enter and leave the appropriate mode without having to press the key again. This is particularly useful for Dashboard, in which you can check the contents of a widget and then return to your work with only a single key press.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 830.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Parallels Issues Release Candidate of Virtual Machine
- DealBITS Drawing: DoorStop X Security Suite Winners
- MacBook Fills Out Laptop Line
- Creative Hits Apple With iPod Patent Suit
- Final Cut Express HD 3.5 Goes Universal
- Apple Reminds Us of Trusting, Verifying
- Take Control News/22-May-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-May-06