Apple Speeds Up MacBook Pro Models -- On the same day that Apple released the MacBook (see our coverage in this issue), the company shuffled the configurations on the MacBook Pro laptops. Both the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models offer Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and 2.16 GHz configurations at the previous prices of the 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz models (2.16 GHz was previously a build-to-order option.) Apple also added a new build-to-order change to the MacBook Pro: both models can be configured, at no extra charge, with the glossy screen introduced with the MacBook. [MHA]
Copy Disk Image as Folder
When you open a .dmg file, a disk image is mounted. You are then generally supposed to copy the contents of that disk image to your hard drive (to your Desktop, your Applications folder, or wherever). But what if you want to copy the whole disk image, including all its contents, as a folder? Hold the Option key, and drag the "proxy icon" in the title bar of the disk image window to the destination in the Finder.
Published in TidBITS 830.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Parallels Issues Release Candidate of Virtual Machine
- DealBITS Drawing: DoorStop X Security Suite Winners
- MacBook Fills Out Laptop Line
- Creative Hits Apple With iPod Patent Suit
- Final Cut Express HD 3.5 Goes Universal
- Apple Reminds Us of Trusting, Verifying
- Take Control News/22-May-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-May-06