Apple Speeds Up MacBook Pro Models -- On the same day that Apple released the MacBook (see our coverage in this issue), the company shuffled the configurations on the MacBook Pro laptops. Both the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models offer Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and 2.16 GHz configurations at the previous prices of the 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz models (2.16 GHz was previously a build-to-order option.) Apple also added a new build-to-order change to the MacBook Pro: both models can be configured, at no extra charge, with the glossy screen introduced with the MacBook. [MHA]
Show Recent Items in Snow Leopard
The Recent Items submenu in the Apple menu is handy, but what if you want to work with a file in there in the Finder, rather than open it? Just press Command when that menu is showing, and all the Applications and Documents change to "Show ... in Finder." This feature is new as of Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard.
Published in TidBITS 830.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Parallels Issues Release Candidate of Virtual Machine
- DealBITS Drawing: DoorStop X Security Suite Winners
- MacBook Fills Out Laptop Line
- Creative Hits Apple With iPod Patent Suit
- Final Cut Express HD 3.5 Goes Universal
- Apple Reminds Us of Trusting, Verifying
- Take Control News/22-May-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-May-06