DealBITS Drawing: DoorStop X Security Suite Winners -- Congratulations to Bob Dain of mac.com, Charles Kinney of earthlink.net, and Steve B of macrepair.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Open Door Networks' DoorStop X Security Suite. And since Steve B entered this DealBITS drawing after being referred to it by Chris Harnish of mac.com, Chris too will receive a copy as a thank you. Even if you didn't win, you can still save $20 on the $79 DoorStop X Security Suite through 29-May-06. To receive your discount, enter "Tidbits0506" in the Comments field of the order form (the third link below). With 1,022 entrants, this was one of the most popular drawings of late; keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings! [ACE]
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
- DealBITS Drawing: DoorStop X Security Suite (15 May 06)
Published in TidBITS 830.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Speeds Up MacBook Pro Models
- Parallels Issues Release Candidate of Virtual Machine
- MacBook Fills Out Laptop Line
- Creative Hits Apple With iPod Patent Suit
- Final Cut Express HD 3.5 Goes Universal
- Apple Reminds Us of Trusting, Verifying
- Take Control News/22-May-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-May-06