Interarchy 8.1 Adds Amazon S3 Support -- Peter Lewis and Stairways Software have released Interarchy 8.1, the latest version of their powerful file transfer software. New features in Interarchy 8.1 include support for Amazon S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service, which provides storage to anyone for $0.15 per GB per month of storage used and $0.20 per GB of data transferred), the capability for Auto Uploads to upload to multiple remote directories, and a variety of other small fixes and improvements. Version 8.1 is a free upgrade for owners of Interarchy 8 and those who purchased Interarchy 7 after 01-Jan-06; for owners of earlier versions, it's a $20 upgrade, and new copies cost $40. [ACE]
Turn Off Filename Extension Warning
In Leopard, Apple fixed an annoying aspect of working with the Finder in Tiger. Previously, if you changed a file's extension, the Finder prompted for confirmation. But since no one has ever accidentally changed a filename extension, Apple thankfully added an option to turn that warning off in the Leopard Finder's preferences. Choose Finder > Preferences, and in the Advanced screen, deselect Show Warning Before Changing an Extension.
Published in TidBITS 835.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iPhoto 6.0.4 Adds New Themes
- Universal Shake 4.1 Drops in Price
- FlickrExport 2.0 Enables Easy iPhoto Uploading
- Apple Updates Aperture, Pro Applications Frameworks
- Web Crossing Neighbors Creates Private Social Networks
- QuickerTek Extends Laptop Range
- The Mystery of the Recalcitrant Photoshop Files
- Unintelligible Garbage Is Your Friend
- Take Control News/26-Jun-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Jun-06