Interarchy 8.1 Adds Amazon S3 Support -- Peter Lewis and Stairways Software have released Interarchy 8.1, the latest version of their powerful file transfer software. New features in Interarchy 8.1 include support for Amazon S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service, which provides storage to anyone for $0.15 per GB per month of storage used and $0.20 per GB of data transferred), the capability for Auto Uploads to upload to multiple remote directories, and a variety of other small fixes and improvements. Version 8.1 is a free upgrade for owners of Interarchy 8 and those who purchased Interarchy 7 after 01-Jan-06; for owners of earlier versions, it's a $20 upgrade, and new copies cost $40. [ACE]
File Email with a Key in Apple Mail
In Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later, you can use the simple and fun MsgFiler Mail plug-in to file Mail messages using keyboard shortcuts.
New in Apple Mail 4 (the 10.6 Snow Leopard version), to assign a keyboard shortcut to any mailbox on the Move To or Copy To submenu, you can also open the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, click Keyboard Shortcuts, and select Application Shortcuts in the list on the left. Click the + button, choose Mail from the Application pop-up menu, type the name of the mailbox in the Menu Title field, click in the Keyboard Shortcut field, and press the keystroke combination you want to use. Then click Add.
Published in TidBITS 835.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iPhoto 6.0.4 Adds New Themes
- Universal Shake 4.1 Drops in Price
- FlickrExport 2.0 Enables Easy iPhoto Uploading
- Apple Updates Aperture, Pro Applications Frameworks
- Web Crossing Neighbors Creates Private Social Networks
- QuickerTek Extends Laptop Range
- The Mystery of the Recalcitrant Photoshop Files
- Unintelligible Garbage Is Your Friend
- Take Control News/26-Jun-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Jun-06