Apple Reports $472 Million Q3-2006 Profit -- Apple continued its succession of profitable quarters by announcing a $472 million profit for the third financial quarter of 2006, based on revenues of $4.37 billion. Those rosy numbers arrive thanks to sales of 1,327,000 Macintosh computers (compared to 1.1 million last quarter, and up 12 percent over the year-ago quarter), and 8,111,000 iPods (which is slightly down from the 8.5 million iPods shipped last quarter, but 32 percent better than a year ago). [JLC]
Extract Directly from Time Machine
Normally you use Time Machine to restore lost data in a file like this: within the Time Machine interface, you go back to the time the file was not yet messed up, and you restore it to replace the file you have now.
You can also elect to keep both, but the restored file takes the name and place of the current one. So, if you have made changes since the backup took place that you would like to keep, they are lost, or you have to mess around a bit to merge changes, rename files, and trash the unwanted one.
As an alternative, you can browse the Time Machine backup volume directly in the Finder like any normal disk, navigate through the chronological backup hierarchy, and find the file which contains the lost content.
Once you've found it, you can open it and the current version of the file side-by-side, and copy information from Time Machine's version of the file into the current one, without losing any content you put in it since the backup was made.
Other articles in the series Apple Financials
- Apple Posts Strong Q4 2006 Financials (23 Oct 06)
- Apple Posts $410 Million Q2 2006 Profit (01 May 06)
- Apple Posts $565 Million Q1 2006 Profit (23 Jan 06)
- Apple Quadruples Q4 Profit (17 Oct 05)
- Apple Revenue Balloons to $3.5 Billion in Third Quarter (18 Jul 05)
- Apple Posts Highest Ever First Quarter Profit (17 Jan 05)
- Apple Reports $106 Million Fourth Quarter Profit (18 Oct 04)
- Apple Posts $61 million Q3 Profit, Confirms G5 iMacs (19 Jul 04)
- Apple Posts $46 million Q2 Profit (26 Apr 04)
- Apple Posts $44 Million Fourth Quarter Profit (20 Oct 03)
- Apple Posts $19 Million Q3 Profit (21 Jul 03)
- Apple Posts $14 Million Q2 Profit (21 Apr 03)
- Apple Posts $8 Million Loss (20 Jan 03)
- Apple Posts $45 Million Q4 Loss (21 Oct 02)
- Apple Posts $32 Million Q3 Profit (22 Jul 02)
- Apple Posts $38 Million Profit (21 Jan 02)
- Apple Posts $66 Million Profit (22 Oct 01)
- Apple Posts $61 Million Q3 Profit (23 Jul 01)
- PowerBook G4 Titanium Propels Apple $43 Million Profit (23 Apr 01)
- Apple Announces Less of a Loss (22 Jan 01)
- Apple Posts $170 Million Profit (23 Oct 00)
- Apple Posts $200 Million Profit & Returns to Circuit City (24 Jul 00)
- Apple Announces $233 Million Profit and 2-for-1 Split (24 Apr 00)
- Apple Posts $183 Million Profit (24 Jan 00)
- Apple Posts $111 Million Profit (18 Oct 99)
- Apple Pulls In $203 Million (19 Jul 99)
- Apple Pockets $135 Million in Profit (19 Apr 99)
- Apple Records $152 Million Profit (18 Jan 99)
- iMac Propels Apple to $106 Million in Earnings (19 Oct 98)
- Apple Racks Up $101 Million Profit (20 Jul 98)
- Jobs Announces $45 Million Profit (12 Jan 98)
- The good news (18 Oct 93)
- Small Apple Loss Better Than Expected (22 Jul 96)
- Apple Posts Quarterly... Profit! (21 Oct 96)
- Apple Posts Lower-than-Expected Q3 Loss (21 Jul 97)
- Apple to Reorganize & Lay Off 1,300 People (22 Jan 96)
- Fourth Down, $100 Million To Go (06 Jan 97)
- Apple Posts $55 Million Quarterly Profit (20 Apr 98)
- Apple Store Books $500,000 in 12 Hours (17 Nov 97)
- Apple Posts $161 Million Fourth Quarter Loss (20 Oct 97)
- Apple to Lose $700 Million (01 Apr 96)
- Apple Posts $708 Million Loss (21 Apr 97)
Published in TidBITS 839.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Apple Reports $472 Million Q3 2006 Profit
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>