The cartoon Mighty Mouse may have had a tail, but Apple has taken the carving knife to their Mighty Mouse's tail, replacing its USB cable with wireless connectivity via Bluetooth 2.0. Physically, the wireless Mighty Mouse is essentially the same as its cabled predecessor (other than the lack of a cable, of course), with up to four buttons that can be programmed independently: a pair of touch sensors on the upper right and left sides of the mouse, a multi-directional Scroll Ball that can also be pressed, and sensors that generate an action when the user squeezes the sides of the mouse. It runs on either one or two AA batteries, automatically switches to a low-power mode during periods of inactivity, and includes an off switch to eliminate battery drain when not in use. Apple isn't making any battery life claims at this point. The wireless Mighty Mouse is available immediately for $70; it requires Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later to customize the button actions. The wired Mighty Mouse remains available for $50, and as Apple somewhat oddly points out, works with PCs using Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Recalls Underperforming MacBook Pro Batteries
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- Back End Transition Postponed
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06