Apple has initiated a worldwide recall for some 15-inch MacBook Pro batteries that were sold between February 2006 and May 2006, due to lack of performance (and not due to safety risks, such as a string of recent Dell laptops that have caught fire). To identify batteries covered under the program, look on the underside of the battery for model number A1175 and a 12-digit serial number that ends with U7SA, U7SB, or U7SC.
Sleep (and Lock) Your Screen
When you are walking away from your computer, it's fairly common practice to start your screen saver and lock your screen. But did you know that there is a built-in keyboard shortcut in Mac OS X to sleep the screen?
Press Control-Shift-Eject and your monitor sleeps without engaging the screen saver.
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries (21 Aug 06)
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- Back End Transition Postponed
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06
Apple Recalls Underperforming MacBook Pro Batteries
Scan contracts, invoices, or receipts as PDFs with your iOS device.
Use OCR to make that scanned image into a searchable PDF with text
you can copy! Get it on the App Store: <http://smle.us/tbscanplus>