Apple has initiated a worldwide recall for some 15-inch MacBook Pro batteries that were sold between February 2006 and May 2006, due to lack of performance (and not due to safety risks, such as a string of recent Dell laptops that have caught fire). To identify batteries covered under the program, look on the underside of the battery for model number A1175 and a 12-digit serial number that ends with U7SA, U7SB, or U7SC.
Keep Markup Tools Active in PDFpen
By default, PDFpen switches back to the Edit tool each time you add text, scribbles or other markup. To keep a tool selected (continuous use mode), double-click it. To exit continuous use mode, click the Select tool or press Command-1. You can also make continuous use mode the default by selecting Keep Tools Selected After Use in PDFpen's Editing preferences.
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries (21 Aug 06)
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- Back End Transition Postponed
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06
Apple Recalls Underperforming MacBook Pro Batteries
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>