Apple has initiated a worldwide recall for some 15-inch MacBook Pro batteries that were sold between February 2006 and May 2006, due to lack of performance (and not due to safety risks, such as a string of recent Dell laptops that have caught fire). To identify batteries covered under the program, look on the underside of the battery for model number A1175 and a 12-digit serial number that ends with U7SA, U7SB, or U7SC.
Close Word Comments Easily
If you don't like how precisely you must mouse in Microsoft Word 2008 to delete comment balloons, note that you can Control-click (right-click) a balloon to pop up a contextual menu. From the menu choose Delete Comment, and you're done.
Also, to get rid of all comments at once, choose Tools > Customize Keyboard and set up a keyboard shortcut to go with the DeleteAllComments command, available in the Tools category. Oddly, there's no Delete Comment keyboard customization option that I can find.
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries (21 Aug 06)
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- Back End Transition Postponed
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06