Apple has initiated a worldwide recall for some 15-inch MacBook Pro batteries that were sold between February 2006 and May 2006, due to lack of performance (and not due to safety risks, such as a string of recent Dell laptops that have caught fire). To identify batteries covered under the program, look on the underside of the battery for model number A1175 and a 12-digit serial number that ends with U7SA, U7SB, or U7SC.
Copy Disk Image as Folder
When you open a .dmg file, a disk image is mounted. You are then generally supposed to copy the contents of that disk image to your hard drive (to your Desktop, your Applications folder, or wherever). But what if you want to copy the whole disk image, including all its contents, as a folder? Hold the Option key, and drag the "proxy icon" in the title bar of the disk image window to the destination in the Finder.
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries (21 Aug 06)
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- Back End Transition Postponed
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06