Many of today's high-end cell phones are powered by Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5 operating system, which meant that Mac users couldn't synchronize their contact information and other data. Now, the release of Mark/Space's The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 jumps over that hurdle. The new version ties into Apple's Sync Services under Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later for addresses, calendar items, and to-do lists, and it offers specific support for synchronizing data with Microsoft Entourage. It also includes plug-ins for iTunes and iPhoto to transfer music and photos to the phone, as well as the capability to mount the device on the Desktop for direct file transfer. A new toolbar in version 2.5 offers quick access to commands, including an easy way to install Windows Mobile software. The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 is a free update for owners of version 2.0 or later, or as a $40 electronic download (or $50 CD) for new users. Upgrades from older versions or some other eligible products cost $20.
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Apple Recalls Underperforming MacBook Pro Batteries
- Back End Transition Postponed
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Take Control News/31-Jul-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06
Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>