$10-off Parallels Desktop Coupon Extended -- The good folks at Parallels were kind enough to extend the $10-off coupon for Parallels Desktop in Take Control of Running Windows on a Mac. So the coupon code - the same one that's been in the ebook from the beginning - no longer expires 31-Jul-06. We've updated all the copies that people might download via eSellerate or our Check for Updates page, but since the only change was to remove the expiration date, we did not increment the ebook's version number, which remains at 1.0.2. So if you don't get around to using your $10-off coupon on Parallels Desktop before July 31st, don't worry, it will be good for some time yet. Nevertheless, we can't guarantee how long Parallels will wish to keep the coupon active, so if you think you want to take advantage of it, we'd encourage you to do so sooner rather than later.
Track Changes Dates Reset on Save As in Word 2008
If you regularly use the Save As feature to create new drafts while working in Word 2008, you might notice that with Track Changes enabled, previously time-stamped comments and edits have their times reset to the Save As date and time. Work around this by sticking with your original file, but using Save As (or just File > Duplicate in the Finder) to make backup copies.
Published in TidBITS 840.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Wireless Mighty Mouse Debuts
- Apple Recalls Underperforming MacBook Pro Batteries
- Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 2.5 Enables Mac Sync
- Back End Transition Postponed
- AppleCare Provides Bootable TechTool CD
- Rogue Amoeba Hijacks Phone Calls More Easily
- Getting Things Done with Your Macintosh, Part 2
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/31-Jul-06