So we're suckers for punishment. We just had to schedule the first real-world use of our new issue creation and generation system on the same day that Apple released the new Mac Pro Intel-based desktops and previewed Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard at WWDC. As a result, we spent much more of the day writing up the news (keynote days like this are our primary use of SubEthaEdit, since we can all write and edit simultaneously) than doing the final testing we had planned on. I won't go into the details of the new system, since you have enough to read this week, but suffice to say that you'll be seeing some changes in the format of your issue, and the transition to our new system makes certain things both possible and desirable. We'll continue tweaking over time, so if you notice particular things that strike you as a problem, let me know.
Turn Word 2008 Notes into a To-Do List
In the Word 2008 Notebook Layout View (View > Notebook Layout View), bring up the Formatting Palette (View > Formatting Palette). Look for the Note Flags section in the Formatting Palette. Select the flag type, type in your reminder or even assign yourself an Entourage 2008 task. Check off your to-dos once the task is complete.
Visit Mactopia - Word 2008
Published in TidBITS 841.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Security Update 2006-004
- More, Less, and No Information on Running Windows on a Mac
- Wireless Driver Hack Could Target Macs and Windows
- TypeIt4Me Returns Again, Again
- AOL Drops Fees, Offers 5 GB Free Storage
- Mac Pro, Xserve Round Out Macintosh High End
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Previewed at WWDC 2006
- Take Control News/07-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Aug-06