Apple last week posted Security Update 2006-004, which patches a number of potential vulnerabilities. Some updated components include AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) Server, Bluetooth Setup Assistant, Bom (which handles archive files), fetchmail, and gunzip. A number of image-related problems have been addressed as well that could enable malformed images to crash the computer or execute code. Also, changes in LaunchServices, OpenSSH, telnet, and WebKit deal with connecting to malicious servers or Web pages. The update is available via Software Update, or as stand-alone downloads for Mac OS X 10.3.9 Client (29.5 MB), Mac OS X 10.3.9 Server (42.7 MB), Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (Intel) (8.3 MB), and Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (PPC) (5.4 MB).
Turn Word 2008 Notes into a To-Do List
In the Word 2008 Notebook Layout View (View > Notebook Layout View), bring up the Formatting Palette (View > Formatting Palette). Look for the Note Flags section in the Formatting Palette. Select the flag type, type in your reminder or even assign yourself an Entourage 2008 task. Check off your to-dos once the task is complete.
Visit Mactopia - Word 2008
Published in TidBITS 841.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- First Issue Served by Our New System
- More, Less, and No Information on Running Windows on a Mac
- Wireless Driver Hack Could Target Macs and Windows
- TypeIt4Me Returns Again, Again
- AOL Drops Fees, Offers 5 GB Free Storage
- Mac Pro, Xserve Round Out Macintosh High End
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Previewed at WWDC 2006
- Take Control News/07-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Aug-06
Apple Releases Security Update 2006-004
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>