Apple last week posted Security Update 2006-004, which patches a number of potential vulnerabilities. Some updated components include AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) Server, Bluetooth Setup Assistant, Bom (which handles archive files), fetchmail, and gunzip. A number of image-related problems have been addressed as well that could enable malformed images to crash the computer or execute code. Also, changes in LaunchServices, OpenSSH, telnet, and WebKit deal with connecting to malicious servers or Web pages. The update is available via Software Update, or as stand-alone downloads for Mac OS X 10.3.9 Client (29.5 MB), Mac OS X 10.3.9 Server (42.7 MB), Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (Intel) (8.3 MB), and Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (PPC) (5.4 MB).
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
Published in TidBITS 841.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- First Issue Served by Our New System
- More, Less, and No Information on Running Windows on a Mac
- Wireless Driver Hack Could Target Macs and Windows
- TypeIt4Me Returns Again, Again
- AOL Drops Fees, Offers 5 GB Free Storage
- Mac Pro, Xserve Round Out Macintosh High End
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Previewed at WWDC 2006
- Take Control News/07-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Aug-06