Musicians with their eyes on Apple's new Mac Pro should update their copies of Logic Pro or Logic Express to version 7.2.2, which provide compatibility with the Intel Xeon-powered desktop computer. The updates also increase performance through the Mac Pro's architecture and improve support for the built-in audio ports. Logic Pro Update 7.2.2 is a 24 MB download; Logic Express Update 7.2.2 is a 14 MB download. Both updaters require the 7.2.1 version of the respective programs and Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later.
New Documents in Snow Leopard's TextEdit
In the Snow Leopard version of TextEdit, you can now create a new document by Control-clicking TextEdit's Dock icon (when it's running), and choosing New Document from the pop-up menu. This isn't a major feature, of course, since you can also just press Command-N while in TextEdit, but consider Control-clicking other applications' Dock icons to see what functions they might make available.
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- DealBITS Drawing: lynda.com's Online Training Library Winner
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Take Control News/21-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06