Musicians with their eyes on Apple's new Mac Pro should update their copies of Logic Pro or Logic Express to version 7.2.2, which provide compatibility with the Intel Xeon-powered desktop computer. The updates also increase performance through the Mac Pro's architecture and improve support for the built-in audio ports. Logic Pro Update 7.2.2 is a 24 MB download; Logic Express Update 7.2.2 is a 14 MB download. Both updaters require the 7.2.1 version of the respective programs and Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later.
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- DealBITS Drawing: lynda.com's Online Training Library Winner
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Take Control News/21-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06