Musicians with their eyes on Apple's new Mac Pro should update their copies of Logic Pro or Logic Express to version 7.2.2, which provide compatibility with the Intel Xeon-powered desktop computer. The updates also increase performance through the Mac Pro's architecture and improve support for the built-in audio ports. Logic Pro Update 7.2.2 is a 24 MB download; Logic Express Update 7.2.2 is a 14 MB download. Both updaters require the 7.2.1 version of the respective programs and Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- DealBITS Drawing: lynda.com's Online Training Library Winner
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Take Control News/21-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06
Logic Pro 7.2.2 and Logic Express 7.2.2 Updates Released
scanning solutions for companies of any size. Make your life more
productive, mobile, paperless, and efficient with a ScanSnap
scanner. To learn more, visit: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>