Congratulations to Douglas Hoffman of wcnet.org, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a one-year premium subscription to lynda.com's Online Training Library, worth $375. But don't fret too much if you didn't win, since lynda.com is offering all TidBITS readers an exclusive $125 discount off a one-year premium subscription to the Online Training Library, dropping the price from $375 to $250. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 30-Aug-06, use coupon code TDBTS06 when signing up. Thanks again for entering this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future. Thanks to the 1,000 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings!
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Logic Pro 7.2.2 and Logic Express 7.2.2 Updates Released
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Take Control News/21-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06