Congratulations to Douglas Hoffman of wcnet.org, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a one-year premium subscription to lynda.com's Online Training Library, worth $375. But don't fret too much if you didn't win, since lynda.com is offering all TidBITS readers an exclusive $125 discount off a one-year premium subscription to the Online Training Library, dropping the price from $375 to $250. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 30-Aug-06, use coupon code TDBTS06 when signing up. Thanks again for entering this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future. Thanks to the 1,000 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings!
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Logic Pro 7.2.2 and Logic Express 7.2.2 Updates Released
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Take Control News/21-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06