Congratulations to Douglas Hoffman of wcnet.org, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a one-year premium subscription to lynda.com's Online Training Library, worth $375. But don't fret too much if you didn't win, since lynda.com is offering all TidBITS readers an exclusive $125 discount off a one-year premium subscription to the Online Training Library, dropping the price from $375 to $250. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 30-Aug-06, use coupon code TDBTS06 when signing up. Thanks again for entering this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future. Thanks to the 1,000 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings!
Find Your Mac's Serial Number
Want to check your Mac's serial number quickly and easily? Select About This Mac from the Apple menu, and click on the text directly below "Mac OS X" that reads "Version 10.x.x." Click once and you'll get a build number which is more specific information about the software. Click twice, and you'll get your Mac's serial number.
Visit MacTipster Blog
Published in TidBITS 843.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook and MacBook Pro Updates Available
- Logic Pro 7.2.2 and Logic Express 7.2.2 Updates Released
- Apple Updates Boot Camp Beta
- Dell Recalls 4.1 Million Batteries
- Last Tango Round the Mulberry Bush
- The Decline of WWDC
- Secure Transfer Using Civil Netizen and Pando
- Take Control News/21-Aug-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Aug-06