The Omni Group has completed a deceptively minor update to OmniWeb, their feature-laden Web browser that sports iconic tabs, workspaces, RSS news feeds, site-specific preferences, and more. New features in OmniWeb 5.5 include support for saving pages in the WebArchive format, a warning that appears upon reloading a page that would resend a form, and a global and site preference for user-defined style sheets. But OmniWeb 5.5 isn't about features - the real news is that it's now a universal binary, providing better performance on Intel-based Macs, and it's based on a slightly customized version of Apple's WebKit browser engine framework, which means greatly improved Web site compatibility, rendering performance, and stability. In short, OmniWeb should now perform like Safari, which also relies on WebKit. The $30 OmniWeb 5.5 requires Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later, is a free update for owners of OmniWeb 5.x, and is a 10.1 MB download.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
Published in TidBITS 846.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Interarchy 8.2 Adds Growl Support and More
- C4 Developer Conference Promises a Taste of MacHack
- Parallels Desktop Updated for Mac Pro and Leopard
- coconutWiFi Reveals Nearby Networks, Status
- iMac Line Adds Core 2 Duo Chip, 24-inch Model
- BBEdit 8.5 Adds Function via Form
- Behind the TidBITS Curtain
- Take Control News/11-Sep-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Sep-06