Jonathan "Wolf" Rentzsch, who has contributed a number of articles to TidBITS over the years, and who was a fixture at the MacHack/ADHOC conference, has decided that if we can't have MacHack any more, he'll just have to hack together his own conference. The result is the C4 conference, which will take place in Chicago on October 20th and 21st, 2006. It's looking like it will be short and sweet, with seven talks across the two days, along with appropriate food and libations. C4 costs $384 and attendance is capped at 75 people, so if you're interested, send email to email@example.com to register. There are also three scholarship spots for students; see the conference Web site for details.
Open Recent Office 2008 Docs by Date
Office 2008 applications like Word and Excel now list recently opened documents on a File > Open Recent submenu. Choose More from that menu, and you'll get a multifunction Project Gallery dialog. Click the Recent button at the top and then select a date range in the Dates list to find files that were last opened today, yesterday, earlier in the week, last week, and so forth. (The Settings pane in the Project Gallery dialog lets you set how many recently opened files show in the File > Open Recent submenu.)
Published in TidBITS 846.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- OmniWeb 5.5 Goes Universal, Switches to WebKit
- Interarchy 8.2 Adds Growl Support and More
- Parallels Desktop Updated for Mac Pro and Leopard
- coconutWiFi Reveals Nearby Networks, Status
- iMac Line Adds Core 2 Duo Chip, 24-inch Model
- BBEdit 8.5 Adds Function via Form
- Behind the TidBITS Curtain
- Take Control News/11-Sep-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Sep-06