Jonathan "Wolf" Rentzsch, who has contributed a number of articles to TidBITS over the years, and who was a fixture at the MacHack/ADHOC conference, has decided that if we can't have MacHack any more, he'll just have to hack together his own conference. The result is the C4 conference, which will take place in Chicago on October 20th and 21st, 2006. It's looking like it will be short and sweet, with seven talks across the two days, along with appropriate food and libations. C4 costs $384 and attendance is capped at 75 people, so if you're interested, send email to email@example.com to register. There are also three scholarship spots for students; see the conference Web site for details.
How to Make an iPhone Screenshot
Want to take a screenshot of something on your iPhone or iPod touch? Press the Home button and Power button briefly at the same time, and an image of your screen will be saved to the Photos app (and will sync with iPhoto when you next connect). Don't hold the buttons too long or your device will either power down or reboot.
Published in TidBITS 846.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- OmniWeb 5.5 Goes Universal, Switches to WebKit
- Interarchy 8.2 Adds Growl Support and More
- Parallels Desktop Updated for Mac Pro and Leopard
- coconutWiFi Reveals Nearby Networks, Status
- iMac Line Adds Core 2 Duo Chip, 24-inch Model
- BBEdit 8.5 Adds Function via Form
- Behind the TidBITS Curtain
- Take Control News/11-Sep-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Sep-06
C4 Developer Conference Promises a Taste of MacHack
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>