Jonathan "Wolf" Rentzsch, who has contributed a number of articles to TidBITS over the years, and who was a fixture at the MacHack/ADHOC conference, has decided that if we can't have MacHack any more, he'll just have to hack together his own conference. The result is the C4 conference, which will take place in Chicago on October 20th and 21st, 2006. It's looking like it will be short and sweet, with seven talks across the two days, along with appropriate food and libations. C4 costs $384 and attendance is capped at 75 people, so if you're interested, send email to email@example.com to register. There are also three scholarship spots for students; see the conference Web site for details.
Find Graphics in TextEdit .rtfd Files
Want to find the graphics in a TextEdit document in the .rtfd format? The document is actually a package - a special kind of folder that looks like a file. To see and extract just the graphics, Control-click the document and choose Show Package Contents. A new window opens showing you just the embedded images, along with a TXT.RTF file that contains the text of the file.
Published in TidBITS 846.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- OmniWeb 5.5 Goes Universal, Switches to WebKit
- Interarchy 8.2 Adds Growl Support and More
- Parallels Desktop Updated for Mac Pro and Leopard
- coconutWiFi Reveals Nearby Networks, Status
- iMac Line Adds Core 2 Duo Chip, 24-inch Model
- BBEdit 8.5 Adds Function via Form
- Behind the TidBITS Curtain
- Take Control News/11-Sep-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Sep-06