Jonathan "Wolf" Rentzsch, who has contributed a number of articles to TidBITS over the years, and who was a fixture at the MacHack/ADHOC conference, has decided that if we can't have MacHack any more, he'll just have to hack together his own conference. The result is the C4 conference, which will take place in Chicago on October 20th and 21st, 2006. It's looking like it will be short and sweet, with seven talks across the two days, along with appropriate food and libations. C4 costs $384 and attendance is capped at 75 people, so if you're interested, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register. There are also three scholarship spots for students; see the conference Web site for details.
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 846.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- OmniWeb 5.5 Goes Universal, Switches to WebKit
- Interarchy 8.2 Adds Growl Support and More
- Parallels Desktop Updated for Mac Pro and Leopard
- coconutWiFi Reveals Nearby Networks, Status
- iMac Line Adds Core 2 Duo Chip, 24-inch Model
- BBEdit 8.5 Adds Function via Form
- Behind the TidBITS Curtain
- Take Control News/11-Sep-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Sep-06