Last week's treat from Microsoft of five copies of Microsoft Office 2004 turned out to be extremely popular, with a record 1,959 entrants, more than for any other DealBITS drawing. Congratulations to Gerry Swislow of certif.com, Anthony Patrinos of gmail.com, Lou Hosta of mac.com, John Williamson of gmail.com, and Peter Boctor of boctor.net, whose entries were chosen randomly and who received a copy of Microsoft Office 2004 Standard Edition, worth $399. For those who didn't win but are still looking to pick up a copy of Microsoft Office 2004, Microsoft is currently offering a holiday rebate coupon worth up to 25 percent off - between $15 and $100 - for various versions of Office through 16-Jan-07 (it's good on copies of Office purchased between 31-Oct-06 and 16-Jan-07).
Enter Dashboard, Expose, or Spaces Temporarily
Hold down F9, F10, F11, or F12 (or whatever you've set for the Expose and Spaces keyboard shortcuts) for a few seconds, and then release the key to enter and leave the appropriate mode without having to press the key again. This is particularly useful for Dashboard, in which you can check the contents of a widget and then return to your work with only a single key press.
Visit plucky tree
- Microsoft Sponsoring TidBITS (30 Oct 06)
Published in TidBITS 854.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen 3.0
- SpamSieve 2.5 Enhances Spam Filtering
- Take Control's Third Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!)
- A Bevy of Apple Updates
- Another Minor AirPort Vulnerability Exposed
- An Independent Windows Mailing List Gets Bigger
- Camels and Horses: Alternatives to Photoshop
- Take Control News/06-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Nov-06