Michael Tsai has released SpamSieve 2.5, the latest version of his popular spam-filtering tool for Apple Mail, Emailer, Entourage v.X and later, Eudora 5.2 and later in Sponsored or Paid mode, GyazMail, Mailsmith, Outlook Express 5, and PowerMail. Among numerous enhancements in SpamSieve 2.5 are improved accuracy for the image spam that had started to slip through, greater performance and smaller memory usage, and a new software update feature for simplifying updates. SpamSieve 2.5 is a free update for registered users; new copies cost $30. A 30-day trial version is available as a 3.6 MB download.
Editing iCal Events in Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard makes looking at event details in iCal easier. In the Leopard version of iCal, you had to double-click an event to reveal only some information in a pop-up box; you then needed to click the Edit button (or press Command-E) to edit an item's information. In Snow Leopard, choose Edit > Show Inspector (or press Command-Option-I) to bring up a floating inspector that provides an editable view of any items selected in your calendar.
Published in TidBITS 854.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: Microsoft Office Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen 3.0
- Take Control's Third Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!)
- A Bevy of Apple Updates
- Another Minor AirPort Vulnerability Exposed
- An Independent Windows Mailing List Gets Bigger
- Camels and Horses: Alternatives to Photoshop
- Take Control News/06-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Nov-06