Michael Tsai has released SpamSieve 2.5, the latest version of his popular spam-filtering tool for Apple Mail, Emailer, Entourage v.X and later, Eudora 5.2 and later in Sponsored or Paid mode, GyazMail, Mailsmith, Outlook Express 5, and PowerMail. Among numerous enhancements in SpamSieve 2.5 are improved accuracy for the image spam that had started to slip through, greater performance and smaller memory usage, and a new software update feature for simplifying updates. SpamSieve 2.5 is a free update for registered users; new copies cost $30. A 30-day trial version is available as a 3.6 MB download.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 854.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: Microsoft Office Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen 3.0
- Take Control's Third Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!)
- A Bevy of Apple Updates
- Another Minor AirPort Vulnerability Exposed
- An Independent Windows Mailing List Gets Bigger
- Camels and Horses: Alternatives to Photoshop
- Take Control News/06-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Nov-06