MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo hard drive options -- Apple's new pro laptops offer three hard drive configurations. How do they stack up to what can be bought from third-party vendors? Plus, we revisit how much actual disk capacity you get from a hard drive, versus its advertised capacity. (16 messages)
Option-Click AirPort Menu for Network Details
If you hold down the Option key while clicking the AirPort menu in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, you'll see not just the names of nearby Wi-Fi networks, but additional details about the selected network. Details include the MAC address of the network, the channel used by the base station, the signal strength (a negative number; the closer to zero it is, the stronger the signal), and the transmit rate in megabits per second showing actual network throughput. If you hover the cursor over the name of a network to which you're not connected, a little yellow pop-up shows the signal strength and type of encryption.
Published in TidBITS 854.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: Microsoft Office Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen 3.0
- SpamSieve 2.5 Enhances Spam Filtering
- Take Control's Third Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!)
- A Bevy of Apple Updates
- Another Minor AirPort Vulnerability Exposed
- An Independent Windows Mailing List Gets Bigger
- Camels and Horses: Alternatives to Photoshop
- Take Control News/06-Nov-06
Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Nov-06
ensures you never purchase an unsupported Mac game again.
Plus get access to the best prices on the most popular Mac games
from across the Web. Visit <http://www.GameAgent.com/> now.