Bare Bones Software last week released Yojimbo 1.3, an update to their information organizer (see "Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle," 2006-01-30). Version 1.3 of Yojimbo is most notable for its addition of tags, or user-defined keywords (of one or more words) that can be easily applied to any item in Yojimbo via the Quick Input Panel, the Inspector palette, the new Item Details bar, or AppleScript. Tagged items can then be located with searches or gathered together with Tag collections. Other changes include additional control over how Yojimbo accesses the Keychain, support for tables and lists in note items, and the capability to open links within Web archives in the background via Command-clicking. Yojimbo 1.3 requires Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later and is a free update for all registered users. New copies cost $40, and a 30-day demo is available.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
Published in TidBITS 855.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook Gains Core 2 Duo Processor
- Mark/Space Releases The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 3.0
- TidBITS Week in CARS
- MacTech Creates Archive CD
- 1Passwd Updated to Version 2.0
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen Winners
- Dates in TidBITS
- Zune Doom
- Of the Zune, DRM, and Universal Music
- Take Control News/13-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/13-Nov-06