Bare Bones Software last week released Yojimbo 1.3, an update to their information organizer (see "Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle," 2006-01-30). Version 1.3 of Yojimbo is most notable for its addition of tags, or user-defined keywords (of one or more words) that can be easily applied to any item in Yojimbo via the Quick Input Panel, the Inspector palette, the new Item Details bar, or AppleScript. Tagged items can then be located with searches or gathered together with Tag collections. Other changes include additional control over how Yojimbo accesses the Keychain, support for tables and lists in note items, and the capability to open links within Web archives in the background via Command-clicking. Yojimbo 1.3 requires Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later and is a free update for all registered users. New copies cost $40, and a 30-day demo is available.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Verify Turned-Off Apple Wireless Keyboard
Can't tell if you've turned off your Apple Wireless Keyboard to prevent it from waking up an iOS device or running down its batteries? Tap the Caps Lock key, and if it illuminates, the keyboard is on; otherwise not.
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
Published in TidBITS 855.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook Gains Core 2 Duo Processor
- Mark/Space Releases The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 3.0
- TidBITS Week in CARS
- MacTech Creates Archive CD
- 1Passwd Updated to Version 2.0
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen Winners
- Dates in TidBITS
- Zune Doom
- Of the Zune, DRM, and Universal Music
- Take Control News/13-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/13-Nov-06