This coming Thursday is the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, so we're taking the week off to spend time with family and friends (and, of course, to Take Control of Thanksgiving Dinner with the help of Joe Kissell's ebook). Look for our next issue on 04-Dec-06, and we'll post any breaking news on our home page in the meantime.
Enable Apple TV Subtitles
While a video is playing, hold down the Select (center) button on your Apple TV remote to bring up the Options menu, then choose the Subtitles view. If there are embedded or external subtitles associated with the video they will appear in the list. If you are using Silver Screen to AirPlay video to the Apple TV, it will dynamically extract the subtitles and send them to the Apple TV.
Visit Page Zero Software
Published in TidBITS 856.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Submit Your Holiday 2006 Gift Ideas
- Apple Updates Firmware for Intel-based Macs
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.1 Adds Lights-Out Management
- PTHPasteboard Really Returns, Adds Pro Version
- iFly Me!
- MindManager Comes to the Mac
- More Bang, Less Bucks for My MacBook Pro
- Retrospect vs. Sparse Disk Image Files
- Take Control News/20-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Nov-06