This coming Thursday is the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, so we're taking the week off to spend time with family and friends (and, of course, to Take Control of Thanksgiving Dinner with the help of Joe Kissell's ebook). Look for our next issue on 04-Dec-06, and we'll post any breaking news on our home page in the meantime.
Edit Remote Files in Your Favorite Utility with Fetch
If you use the Fetch FTP client and want to, for instance, edit remote .html files with one application but .css files with another, you can set this up easily: In Fetch, select a .html file and click the Get Info button on the toolbar. In the Get Info window, in the Transfer Option section, choose your desired program from the "Edit files like this with" pop-up menu. Repeat the procedure for a .css file, and you're ready to go!
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 856.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Submit Your Holiday 2006 Gift Ideas
- Apple Updates Firmware for Intel-based Macs
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.1 Adds Lights-Out Management
- PTHPasteboard Really Returns, Adds Pro Version
- iFly Me!
- MindManager Comes to the Mac
- More Bang, Less Bucks for My MacBook Pro
- Retrospect vs. Sparse Disk Image Files
- Take Control News/20-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Nov-06