This coming Thursday is the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, so we're taking the week off to spend time with family and friends (and, of course, to Take Control of Thanksgiving Dinner with the help of Joe Kissell's ebook). Look for our next issue on 04-Dec-06, and we'll post any breaking news on our home page in the meantime.
Beware Country-Specific iTunes Stores
If you buy an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and you happen to be a user of the iTunes Store in more than one country, take note which country's store you're viewing in iTunes when you plug in the device for the first time. This will be the country the device will register with, and you will be forever barred from purchasing or even updating free apps from anywhere else. The only way out is to delete everything on the device and do a full restore.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 856.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Submit Your Holiday 2006 Gift Ideas
- Apple Updates Firmware for Intel-based Macs
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.1 Adds Lights-Out Management
- PTHPasteboard Really Returns, Adds Pro Version
- iFly Me!
- MindManager Comes to the Mac
- More Bang, Less Bucks for My MacBook Pro
- Retrospect vs. Sparse Disk Image Files
- Take Control News/20-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Nov-06