Apple released firmware updates for its line of Intel-based Macs last week, addressing Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues. Be sure to follow the directions (worth printing out) when applying the updates; instructions for creating a Firmware Restoration CD are also available. The updates affect all Intel-based Mac models, and are available via Software Update or by direct download: MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2 (2.7 MB), iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.1 (6.1 MB), MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.0 (1.6 MB), Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1 (1.6 MB), and Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.1 (1.6 MB).
Always Show Recipient In iChat
In iChat under Snow Leopard, choosing View > Always Show Recipient Bar puts a buddy's status message and color at the top of any iChat window. It can also be used to select among multiple open iChat logins you have to send a message to that buddy, or to select among multiple accounts you have registered in Address Book for that buddy.
Published in TidBITS 856.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Thanksgiving Hiatus: Next Issue 04-Dec-06
- Submit Your Holiday 2006 Gift Ideas
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.1 Adds Lights-Out Management
- PTHPasteboard Really Returns, Adds Pro Version
- iFly Me!
- MindManager Comes to the Mac
- More Bang, Less Bucks for My MacBook Pro
- Retrospect vs. Sparse Disk Image Files
- Take Control News/20-Nov-06
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Nov-06
Apple Updates Firmware for Intel-based Macs
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>