"Take Control of Digital TV" Updated for Holiday Season -- We've released a new version of Clark Humphrey's "Take Control of Digital TV," updating information about HDTV programming in the United States, the next-generation DVD format war, and Internet-based video download sites. Although the book has no pre-release details about Apple's promised iTV video device (sorry!), we wanted to make sure anyone considering a digital TV purchase this holiday season had the latest details available. As reader Kathy Berndt told us, "I think everyone who walks into the media section of Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, etc. should be given a copy of this book." We haven't figured out how to make that happen while still ensuring that Clark can pay his cable bill, but there's no reason you can't walk in armed with your own copy. This is a free update; if you own the previous version, just click the Check for Updates button on the cover of your copy to download a new version. Print-on-demand setup is underway and should be available soon.
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 856.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Thanksgiving Hiatus: Next Issue 04-Dec-06
- Submit Your Holiday 2006 Gift Ideas
- Apple Updates Firmware for Intel-based Macs
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.1 Adds Lights-Out Management
- PTHPasteboard Really Returns, Adds Pro Version
- iFly Me!
- MindManager Comes to the Mac
- More Bang, Less Bucks for My MacBook Pro
- Retrospect vs. Sparse Disk Image Files
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Nov-06
Take Control News/20-Nov-06
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>