In "Reality and Digital Pictures," (2005-12-12) and "Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist," (2004-9-27), I recommended some plug-ins by Asiva, particularly Shift+Gain. A few months ago they became unavailable, but the developer is bringing them out again under a new corporate entity and is promising to make them available in universal binary form.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Published in TidBITS 863.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Posts $1 Billion Profit for Q1 2007
- Correction: Slow Down There, iCowboy
- Two Bucks for 100 Mbps 802.11n Enabler
- Take Your Child to Work Day, Macworld Expo Style
- How to Google Earth
- iQuestion the iPhone
- Macworld Expo SF 2007 Superlatives
- Take Control News/22-Jan-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Jan-07