In "Reality and Digital Pictures," (2005-12-12) and "Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist," (2004-9-27), I recommended some plug-ins by Asiva, particularly Shift+Gain. A few months ago they became unavailable, but the developer is bringing them out again under a new corporate entity and is promising to make them available in universal binary form.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 863.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Posts $1 Billion Profit for Q1 2007
- Correction: Slow Down There, iCowboy
- Two Bucks for 100 Mbps 802.11n Enabler
- Take Your Child to Work Day, Macworld Expo Style
- How to Google Earth
- iQuestion the iPhone
- Macworld Expo SF 2007 Superlatives
- Take Control News/22-Jan-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Jan-07