In "Reality and Digital Pictures," (2005-12-12) and "Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist," (2004-9-27), I recommended some plug-ins by Asiva, particularly Shift+Gain. A few months ago they became unavailable, but the developer is bringing them out again under a new corporate entity and is promising to make them available in universal binary form.
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 863.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Posts $1 Billion Profit for Q1 2007
- Correction: Slow Down There, iCowboy
- Two Bucks for 100 Mbps 802.11n Enabler
- Take Your Child to Work Day, Macworld Expo Style
- How to Google Earth
- iQuestion the iPhone
- Macworld Expo SF 2007 Superlatives
- Take Control News/22-Jan-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Jan-07