If you've been thinking about picking up a copy of the TidBITS Archive CD, I encourage you to act soon, because the $29.95 introductory offer expires 31-Jan-07, and the price will be going up to $49.95 after that. For details of what's included, see "Introducing the TidBITS Archive CD" (2007-01-08).
Copy Disk Image as Folder
When you open a .dmg file, a disk image is mounted. You are then generally supposed to copy the contents of that disk image to your hard drive (to your Desktop, your Applications folder, or wherever). But what if you want to copy the whole disk image, including all its contents, as a folder? Hold the Option key, and drag the "proxy icon" in the title bar of the disk image window to the destination in the Finder.
- Introducing the TidBITS Archive CD (08 Jan 07)
Published in TidBITS 864.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- More Macworld Expo Commentary
- Manage Your TidBITS Subscriptions
- DealBITS Drawing: Billable
- Security Holes: Two Closed, One Opened
- Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 Set to Ship
- Daylight Saving Time May Bite the Out-of-Date
- Fog Is My Copilot
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Throughput Limits
- MacFUSE Explodes Options for Mac File Systems
- CSSEdit 2 to the Rescue!
- Take Control News/29-Jan-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Jan-07
TidBITS Archive CD Introductory Offer Ending
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>