Our second MacNotables presentation of Macworld Expo is now available, and I strongly encourage everyone to listen to this one. It was big fun, with the panel giving host Chuck Joiner a hard time about his recommendation of Adobe Soundbooth, which as he so obligingly told us, helped him "clean up dirty audio." Talk about being given a line! I also moderated a panel of Take Control authors talking about what they'd seen at the show in relation to their Take Control titles. Lastly, sometimes it helps to put a face with a name. If you've been wondering what I look like, at least at the end of a grueling day of presentations and interviews, check out this picture, taken and annotated by our buddy Andy Ihnatko.
View Extra Audio Details in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, Option-clicking the Volume icon in the menu bar displays a list of sound input and output devices. Choose one to switch to it; it's much easier than using the Sound preference pane. Also, hold Shift and click the icon to set the system volume, which is separate from the general output volume.
Published in TidBITS 864.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS Archive CD Introductory Offer Ending
- Manage Your TidBITS Subscriptions
- DealBITS Drawing: Billable
- Security Holes: Two Closed, One Opened
- Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 Set to Ship
- Daylight Saving Time May Bite the Out-of-Date
- Fog Is My Copilot
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Throughput Limits
- MacFUSE Explodes Options for Mac File Systems
- CSSEdit 2 to the Rescue!
- Take Control News/29-Jan-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Jan-07