Our second MacNotables presentation of Macworld Expo is now available, and I strongly encourage everyone to listen to this one. It was big fun, with the panel giving host Chuck Joiner a hard time about his recommendation of Adobe Soundbooth, which as he so obligingly told us, helped him "clean up dirty audio." Talk about being given a line! I also moderated a panel of Take Control authors talking about what they'd seen at the show in relation to their Take Control titles. Lastly, sometimes it helps to put a face with a name. If you've been wondering what I look like, at least at the end of a grueling day of presentations and interviews, check out this picture, taken and annotated by our buddy Andy Ihnatko.
Access OpenType Font Features
OpenType fonts (.otf) often have special features, such as swashes and alternate characters, that are accessible in any app that uses the OS X font panel, including Pages and TextEdit. To access them, type and select your text, press Command-T to open the font panel, and then choose Typography from the Actions pop-up menu. That shows the Typography panel, where you can toggle available options for the font and characters you've selected.
Published in TidBITS 864.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS Archive CD Introductory Offer Ending
- Manage Your TidBITS Subscriptions
- DealBITS Drawing: Billable
- Security Holes: Two Closed, One Opened
- Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 Set to Ship
- Daylight Saving Time May Bite the Out-of-Date
- Fog Is My Copilot
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Throughput Limits
- MacFUSE Explodes Options for Mac File Systems
- CSSEdit 2 to the Rescue!
- Take Control News/29-Jan-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Jan-07