In today's look at home renovation, we're travelling to the house of Soyburger, a 28-year-old video editor/computer animator/graphic designer who clearly has a flair for interior design. Soyburger is also a fan of the Macintosh, but whereas most Mac fans content themselves with a Think Different poster or a prominently displayed iMac in the living room, Soyburger has one of the largest private collections of Macs we've seen, all elegantly displayed on IKEA furniture in a custom-designed basement office/rec room. There's a bar composed largely of Classic IIs, a wall of iMacs, rows of different models of Macs, a few scattered Newtons and Apple IIs, and just for fun, a collection of classic video game consoles. Well done!
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Move a File in the Finder
Sometimes you want to move a file in the Finder across volumes, not copy that file. Holding down the Command key while dragging ensures that the item is copied, and then its original deleted, adding up to a move.
Published in TidBITS 865.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Inc. and Apple Corps Enter New Agreement
- iPod shuffle Now Colorful
- DealBITS Drawing: Billable Winners
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac Productivity Suite
- Nolobe Takes Over Interarchy; 8.5 Ships
- Macinstruct Opens Mac Tutorial Contest
- Open Door Networks Updates Security Products
- Computer Security: Who's Responsible?
- Apple Ships 802.11n Base Station and Enabler
- Build Your Own 23-inch MacBook
- Take Control News/05-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Feb-07