Congratulations to Steve Green of cox.net, Ed Mullin of ewmullin.com, Matthew MacKay of upei.ca, and Steve Cronin of austin.rr.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Clickable Bliss's Billable, worth $24.95. TidBITS readers who didn't win can still save 20 percent through 14-Feb-07 when purchasing Billable; use coupon code "tidbits1" when placing your order. Thanks again to the 388 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future.
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
- DealBITS Drawing: Billable (29 Jan 07)
Published in TidBITS 865.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Inc. and Apple Corps Enter New Agreement
- iPod shuffle Now Colorful
- The Ultimate Mac Basement
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac Productivity Suite
- Nolobe Takes Over Interarchy; 8.5 Ships
- Macinstruct Opens Mac Tutorial Contest
- Open Door Networks Updates Security Products
- Computer Security: Who's Responsible?
- Apple Ships 802.11n Base Station and Enabler
- Build Your Own 23-inch MacBook
- Take Control News/05-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Feb-07