Congratulations to Steve Green of cox.net, Ed Mullin of ewmullin.com, Matthew MacKay of upei.ca, and Steve Cronin of austin.rr.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Clickable Bliss's Billable, worth $24.95. TidBITS readers who didn't win can still save 20 percent through 14-Feb-07 when purchasing Billable; use coupon code "tidbits1" when placing your order. Thanks again to the 388 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future.
Stop Eye Strain in Excel 2008
You can make text bigger in Excel by zooming to a larger percentage with the Zoom control in the toolbar, or by selecting the cells containing too-small text, choosing Format > Cells (Command-1), and then setting options in the Font pane. You can also increase the default font size for new sheets by modifying the Size field (next to the Standard Font field) in the General pane of Excel's preferences.
- DealBITS Drawing: Billable (29 Jan 07)
Published in TidBITS 865.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Inc. and Apple Corps Enter New Agreement
- iPod shuffle Now Colorful
- The Ultimate Mac Basement
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac Productivity Suite
- Nolobe Takes Over Interarchy; 8.5 Ships
- Macinstruct Opens Mac Tutorial Contest
- Open Door Networks Updates Security Products
- Computer Security: Who's Responsible?
- Apple Ships 802.11n Base Station and Enabler
- Build Your Own 23-inch MacBook
- Take Control News/05-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Feb-07
DealBITS Drawing: Billable Winners
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and