Congratulations to Hans van Helvert of exsistere.net, Nina Contini Melis of mac.com, and Michael Scriven of aol.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the SmileOnMyMac Productivity Suite, worth $129. Entrants who didn't win received a discount on any SmileOnMyMac product. Thanks again for entering this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future. Thanks to the 747 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings!
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
DealBITS Winners: SmileOnMyMac Productivity Suite
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>