Apple has released Security Update 2007-002, the second security update of the year that addresses bugs identified by the Month of Apple Bugs (MoAB) project. None of the bugs offered any chance for user action other than standard Internet precautions, so it's good to see Apple solving these problems in the Finder, iChat, and the UserNotificationCenter process. It's a bit more important than it normally is to install this security update because of the MoAB's publication of the exploits before informing Apple. As always, the update is available via Software Update most easily, though stand-alone downloads are available for PowerPC- (3.8 MB download) and Intel-based Macs (6.6 MB download) running Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Client or Server) and for anyone running Mac OS X 10.3.9 (1.4 MB download). (For more thoughts on this situation, see Glenn Fleishman's "MoAB Is My Washpot" later in this issue.)
Better Text Formatting in iPhoto
If you're creating a card or book in iPhoto, and you're not happy with the formatting options for the text (such as line spacing or justification), copy the text out to TextEdit, make the changes you want there, and paste it back into iPhoto, which will retain your changes.
Published in TidBITS 867.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Early Help Desk Video
- Daylight Saving Time Saved
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.4 Update
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.3 Update Released
- DealBITS Winners: Rogue Amoeba's Fission
- DealBITS Drawing: A Sharp's Opal
- Create Permanent Links to the New York Times
- Google Gmail Open to All
- MoAB Is My Washpot
- InterviewBITS: Key Apple Technologies
- Take Control News/19-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Feb-07