Apple has released Final Cut Pro 5.1.3, a maintenance release that adds some missing commands to the default keyboard layout, makes render files work properly on PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macs, and fixes an issue where cross dissolves in nested sequences would not appear correctly. The update is a 42 MB download, requires Final Cut Pro 5.1 or later under Mac OS X 10.4.8, and is also available via Software Update.
Mac OS X Services in Snow Leopard
Mac OS X Services let one application supply its powers to another; for example, a Grab service helps TextEdit paste a screenshot into a document. Most users either don't know that Services exist, because they're in an obscure hierarchical menu (ApplicationName > Services), or they mostly don't use them because there are so many of them.
Snow Leopard makes it easier for the uninitiated to utilize this feature; only services appropriate to the current context appear. And in addition to the hierarchical menu, services are discoverable as custom contextual menu items - Control-click in a TextEdit document to access the Grab service, for instance.
In addition, the revamped Keyboard preference pane lets you manage services for the first time ever. You can enable and disable them, and even change their keyboard shortcuts.
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update Fixes Plug-in Issues (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 867.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-002 Squashes MoAB Bugs
- Early Help Desk Video
- Daylight Saving Time Saved
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.4 Update
- DealBITS Winners: Rogue Amoeba's Fission
- DealBITS Drawing: A Sharp's Opal
- Create Permanent Links to the New York Times
- Google Gmail Open to All
- MoAB Is My Washpot
- InterviewBITS: Key Apple Technologies
- Take Control News/19-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Feb-07