Apple has released Final Cut Pro 5.1.3, a maintenance release that adds some missing commands to the default keyboard layout, makes render files work properly on PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macs, and fixes an issue where cross dissolves in nested sequences would not appear correctly. The update is a 42 MB download, requires Final Cut Pro 5.1 or later under Mac OS X 10.4.8, and is also available via Software Update.
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update Fixes Plug-in Issues (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 867.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-002 Squashes MoAB Bugs
- Early Help Desk Video
- Daylight Saving Time Saved
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.4 Update
- DealBITS Winners: Rogue Amoeba's Fission
- DealBITS Drawing: A Sharp's Opal
- Create Permanent Links to the New York Times
- Google Gmail Open to All
- MoAB Is My Washpot
- InterviewBITS: Key Apple Technologies
- Take Control News/19-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Feb-07
Final Cut Pro 5.1.3 Update Released
Scan contracts, invoices, or receipts as PDFs with your iOS device.
Use OCR to make that scanned image into a searchable PDF with text
you can copy! Get it on the App Store: <http://smle.us/tbscanplus>