Apple has released Final Cut Pro 5.1.3, a maintenance release that adds some missing commands to the default keyboard layout, makes render files work properly on PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macs, and fixes an issue where cross dissolves in nested sequences would not appear correctly. The update is a 42 MB download, requires Final Cut Pro 5.1 or later under Mac OS X 10.4.8, and is also available via Software Update.
Option-Click in Scroll Bars for Jump Scrolling
In Mac OS X in general, and thus in most native Mac OS X applications, hold down the Option key and click anywhere in a window's scroll bar to jump to that spot (rather than scrolling one screen). If you like this behavior, you can make it the default in the Appearance preference pane. For "Click in the scroll bar to:" select "Jump to here."
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update Fixes Plug-in Issues (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 867.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-002 Squashes MoAB Bugs
- Early Help Desk Video
- Daylight Saving Time Saved
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.4 Update
- DealBITS Winners: Rogue Amoeba's Fission
- DealBITS Drawing: A Sharp's Opal
- Create Permanent Links to the New York Times
- Google Gmail Open to All
- MoAB Is My Washpot
- InterviewBITS: Key Apple Technologies
- Take Control News/19-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Feb-07