Apple has released Final Cut Pro 5.1.3, a maintenance release that adds some missing commands to the default keyboard layout, makes render files work properly on PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macs, and fixes an issue where cross dissolves in nested sequences would not appear correctly. The update is a 42 MB download, requires Final Cut Pro 5.1 or later under Mac OS X 10.4.8, and is also available via Software Update.
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update Fixes Plug-in Issues (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 867.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-002 Squashes MoAB Bugs
- Early Help Desk Video
- Daylight Saving Time Saved
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.4 Update
- DealBITS Winners: Rogue Amoeba's Fission
- DealBITS Drawing: A Sharp's Opal
- Create Permanent Links to the New York Times
- Google Gmail Open to All
- MoAB Is My Washpot
- InterviewBITS: Key Apple Technologies
- Take Control News/19-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Feb-07