One of the most entertaining Macintosh radio shows/podcasts is Shawn King's Your Mac Life, which had to change its domain name last week. So if you're looking for Your Mac Life on Wednesday evenings at its normally scheduled time of 5:30 PM Pacific/8:30 PM Eastern, head over to www.yourmaclifeshow.com instead of www.yourmaclife.com. Among others, guests last week included iTunes guru Chris Breen of Macworld, Matt Deatherage of MacJournals.com running down Apple news so far in 2007, and YML's server admin Aaron Adams, who talked about how to use your Mac to take photos of the coming total lunar eclipse on 03-Mar-07. You can listen to the show at the YML archives.
How Loud Are Your Mac's Fans?
When they get hot, Macs turn on various internal fans to keep components cool. The noise can be annoying, but just how loud is it? If you have an iOS device with a built-in microphone, you can download one of many free sound meter apps (search on
decibel in the App Store) and see if you're subjecting your ears to a truly unreasonable noise level.
Published in TidBITS 868.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Please Take the TidBITS 2007 Reader Survey!
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update Fixes Plug-in Issues
- DealBITS Winners: A Sharp's Opal
- DealBITS Drawing: Panergy's docXConverter Premium
- Apple and Cisco Reach iPhone Agreement
- Concentrate on Reading in Preview
- Early Help Desk Video Gone and Back Again
- Apple Adds Significant Cell Data Support
- Easier New York Times Linking
- CrashPlan: Backups Revisited
- Take Control News/26-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Feb-07