One of the most entertaining Macintosh radio shows/podcasts is Shawn King's Your Mac Life, which had to change its domain name last week. So if you're looking for Your Mac Life on Wednesday evenings at its normally scheduled time of 5:30 PM Pacific/8:30 PM Eastern, head over to www.yourmaclifeshow.com instead of www.yourmaclife.com. Among others, guests last week included iTunes guru Chris Breen of Macworld, Matt Deatherage of MacJournals.com running down Apple news so far in 2007, and YML's server admin Aaron Adams, who talked about how to use your Mac to take photos of the coming total lunar eclipse on 03-Mar-07. You can listen to the show at the YML archives.
Avoid Simple Typos
If, like me, you find yourself typing 2911 in place of 2011 entirely too often, you can have Mac OS X (either Lion or Snow Leopard) fix such typos for you automatically. Just open the Language & Text pane of System Preferences, click the Text button at the top, and then add a text substitution by clicking the + button underneath the list. It won't work everywhere (for that you'll want a utility like Smile's TextExpander), but it should work in applications like Pages and TextEdit, and in Save dialog boxes.
Published in TidBITS 868.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Please Take the TidBITS 2007 Reader Survey!
- Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update Fixes Plug-in Issues
- DealBITS Winners: A Sharp's Opal
- DealBITS Drawing: Panergy's docXConverter Premium
- Apple and Cisco Reach iPhone Agreement
- Concentrate on Reading in Preview
- Early Help Desk Video Gone and Back Again
- Apple Adds Significant Cell Data Support
- Easier New York Times Linking
- CrashPlan: Backups Revisited
- Take Control News/26-Feb-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-Feb-07