We often wonder how many of us there are. While Apple occasionally shares the number of active Mac OS X users, it has been a while since the last update. Eight months ago in August 2006 at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, Steve Jobs said there were 19 million active Mac OS X users. Keith Bachman, an analyst at Bank of America Securities, now quotes a higher number in an AppleInsider article: 22 million users of all versions of Mac OS X. Bank of America Securities estimates an increase of 6 million Mac users since the release of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger in June 2005. It's also highly likely that there are uncounted millions of users still using Mac OS 9 and earlier.
Quickly Attach to an Email Message
Want to start an email message that requires an attachment? Save a step or two by dragging the file's icon onto Mail's Dock icon - Mail automatically opens a new message window with the file already included as an attachment.
Visit MacTipster Blog
Published in TidBITS 869.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- ExtraBITS Transitions to TidBITS Publishing System
- QuickTime 7.1.5 Patches Panther, Tiger, XP, Vista Exploits
- Parallels Desktop 2.0 Ships
- New Interviews with Adam and Joe
- Macworld Expo Sessions Available for Download
- DealBITS Winners: Panergy's docXConverter Premium
- Security Hacker Returned to Life
- Lessons on Internet Surveys
- iConcertCal: Your Gig-Going Pal
- Picnik Duplicates iPhoto on the Web
- Mac OS X's Mouse Acceleration Problem
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Mar-07