After all my puzzling over how to create permanent links to articles in the New York Times (see "Easier New York Times Linking," 2007-02-26), I was amused to hear from a friend that the New York Times is now making TimesSelect free to any student or faculty member with a valid college or university email address. TimesSelect includes access to articles from the New York Times Op-Ed and news columnists in both text and podcast forms, along with up to 100 articles per month from the full New York Times Archive, which contains content back to 1851.
ChronoSync Secret Menubar Shortcut
For a quick way to run a ChronoSync document without opening it, use the ChronoSync menu in the menubar. Select "Show ChronoSync menu in menubar" in ChronoSync's General Preferences window to activate the menu bar menu. Once activated, you'll see the ChronoSync circling arrows icon in the menu bar, at the top right of your screen.
You can open any scheduled ChronoSync document directly from the menu bar. If you hold down the Option key while selecting a ChronoSync document, the synchronization will run immediately without the ChronoSync document opening.
Visit Econ Technologies
- Easier New York Times Linking (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 871.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Grab Bag of Security Fixes and Patches for Mac OS X
- Mark/Space Adds BlackBerry Sync
- iTunes 7.1.1 and iPod Reset Utility 1.0 Fix Bugs
- Sound Studio 3.5 Adds Numerous Features
- Hard Drive Failures and Contributory Storage
- Pando Further Eases Big File Distribution
- Down the Gopher Hole
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Mar-07