After all my puzzling over how to create permanent links to articles in the New York Times (see "Easier New York Times Linking," 2007-02-26), I was amused to hear from a friend that the New York Times is now making TimesSelect free to any student or faculty member with a valid college or university email address. TimesSelect includes access to articles from the New York Times Op-Ed and news columnists in both text and podcast forms, along with up to 100 articles per month from the full New York Times Archive, which contains content back to 1851.
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- Easier New York Times Linking (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 871.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Grab Bag of Security Fixes and Patches for Mac OS X
- Mark/Space Adds BlackBerry Sync
- iTunes 7.1.1 and iPod Reset Utility 1.0 Fix Bugs
- Sound Studio 3.5 Adds Numerous Features
- Hard Drive Failures and Contributory Storage
- Pando Further Eases Big File Distribution
- Down the Gopher Hole
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Mar-07