After all my puzzling over how to create permanent links to articles in the New York Times (see "Easier New York Times Linking," 2007-02-26), I was amused to hear from a friend that the New York Times is now making TimesSelect free to any student or faculty member with a valid college or university email address. TimesSelect includes access to articles from the New York Times Op-Ed and news columnists in both text and podcast forms, along with up to 100 articles per month from the full New York Times Archive, which contains content back to 1851.
File Email with a Key in Apple Mail
In Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later, you can use the simple and fun MsgFiler Mail plug-in to file Mail messages using keyboard shortcuts.
New in Apple Mail 4 (the 10.6 Snow Leopard version), to assign a keyboard shortcut to any mailbox on the Move To or Copy To submenu, you can also open the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, click Keyboard Shortcuts, and select Application Shortcuts in the list on the left. Click the + button, choose Mail from the Application pop-up menu, type the name of the mailbox in the Menu Title field, click in the Keyboard Shortcut field, and press the keystroke combination you want to use. Then click Add.
- Easier New York Times Linking (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 871.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Grab Bag of Security Fixes and Patches for Mac OS X
- Mark/Space Adds BlackBerry Sync
- iTunes 7.1.1 and iPod Reset Utility 1.0 Fix Bugs
- Sound Studio 3.5 Adds Numerous Features
- Hard Drive Failures and Contributory Storage
- Pando Further Eases Big File Distribution
- Down the Gopher Hole
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Mar-07