After all my puzzling over how to create permanent links to articles in the New York Times (see "Easier New York Times Linking," 2007-02-26), I was amused to hear from a friend that the New York Times is now making TimesSelect free to any student or faculty member with a valid college or university email address. TimesSelect includes access to articles from the New York Times Op-Ed and news columnists in both text and podcast forms, along with up to 100 articles per month from the full New York Times Archive, which contains content back to 1851.
Sync Safari Bookmarks to Your iPhone
Tired of typing URLs into Mobile Safari on your iPhone or iPod touch? Use the bookmarks you already have in Safari on your Mac.
Next time you do an iTunes sync, select your iPhone or iPod touch in the Devices section of the iTunes sidebar. Scroll down to the Web Browser section of the Info tab on the right-hand side of the iTunes window and select Sync Safari Bookmarks.
After your next sync the bookmarks will be available in Mobile Safari on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Easier New York Times Linking (26 Feb 07)
Published in TidBITS 871.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Grab Bag of Security Fixes and Patches for Mac OS X
- Mark/Space Adds BlackBerry Sync
- iTunes 7.1.1 and iPod Reset Utility 1.0 Fix Bugs
- Sound Studio 3.5 Adds Numerous Features
- Hard Drive Failures and Contributory Storage
- Pando Further Eases Big File Distribution
- Down the Gopher Hole
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Mar-07