Apple last week released Boot Camp 1.2 beta, the latest version of its software for enabling Intel-based Macs to boot into Microsoft Windows. This is likely to be the final update to Boot Camp before the release of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, which according to Apple will include a release version of Boot Camp (though there's still much speculation about what form Boot Camp will take in Leopard). Boot Camp 1.2's most prominent new feature is support for Windows Vista (but only 32-bit versions for now), which previously required awkward hacks. Also new in this beta are updated drivers for numerous Apple devices including trackpads and iSight cameras, support within Windows for the Apple Remote, the inclusion of Apple Software Update (to update Apple software within Windows), and numerous other improvements. It's a 138 MB download.
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Published in TidBITS 873.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- April Foolishness 2007
- iTunes, You Complete Me
- Blogosphere Uproar
- DealBITS Winners: BeLight Software's Art Text
- Apple and EMI Offer DRM-Free Music via iTunes
- Adobe Announces Creative Suite 3 Plans, Pricing, Dates
- Best Buy Buys Speakeasy: Doom, Despair?
- Switching My Mother to the Mac
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Apr-07