Apple last week released Boot Camp 1.2 beta, the latest version of its software for enabling Intel-based Macs to boot into Microsoft Windows. This is likely to be the final update to Boot Camp before the release of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, which according to Apple will include a release version of Boot Camp (though there's still much speculation about what form Boot Camp will take in Leopard). Boot Camp 1.2's most prominent new feature is support for Windows Vista (but only 32-bit versions for now), which previously required awkward hacks. Also new in this beta are updated drivers for numerous Apple devices including trackpads and iSight cameras, support within Windows for the Apple Remote, the inclusion of Apple Software Update (to update Apple software within Windows), and numerous other improvements. It's a 138 MB download.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
Published in TidBITS 873.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- April Foolishness 2007
- iTunes, You Complete Me
- Blogosphere Uproar
- DealBITS Winners: BeLight Software's Art Text
- Apple and EMI Offer DRM-Free Music via iTunes
- Adobe Announces Creative Suite 3 Plans, Pricing, Dates
- Best Buy Buys Speakeasy: Doom, Despair?
- Switching My Mother to the Mac
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Apr-07