Last week VMware released Beta 3 of its Fusion virtualization software for running Windows on an Intel-based Mac. Among several new features are two that are obvious attempts to overcome advantages offered by competitor Parallels Desktop: support for booting from a copy of Windows installed under Boot Camp and an Easy Install option to automate the process of running the Windows installer. This version also includes performance improvements and a simplification in the way virtual machines are packaged, among other changes. Fusion beta 3 is a 135 MB download.
Stylin' a Word Comment Balloon
If you work with Word's Comment feature, you may find that the comment-balloon text is too small to work with, or you may just want some variety. To modify the style, choose Format > Style. From the List pop-up menu, choose All Styles. Select Balloon Text from the Style list. Modify the style as you like, and then click Apply. I like Arial Narrow, 12 point.
Published in TidBITS 874.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Introduces Eight-Core Mac Pros
- Find Strongest Wi-Fi Networks Easily
- More on Apple/EMI and DRM-Free Music
- Google Desktop Comes to the Mac
- Step on a WEP Crack, Break Your Network's Back
- Use iPods Cautiously While Driving
- 3G iPod Owners Beware Compatibility Claims
- Online Backup Options Expand
- Take Control News/09-Apr-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/09-Apr-07