Last week VMware released Beta 3 of its Fusion virtualization software for running Windows on an Intel-based Mac. Among several new features are two that are obvious attempts to overcome advantages offered by competitor Parallels Desktop: support for booting from a copy of Windows installed under Boot Camp and an Easy Install option to automate the process of running the Windows installer. This version also includes performance improvements and a simplification in the way virtual machines are packaged, among other changes. Fusion beta 3 is a 135 MB download.
Track Changes Dates Reset on Save As in Word 2008
If you regularly use the Save As feature to create new drafts while working in Word 2008, you might notice that with Track Changes enabled, previously time-stamped comments and edits have their times reset to the Save As date and time. Work around this by sticking with your original file, but using Save As (or just File > Duplicate in the Finder) to make backup copies.
Published in TidBITS 874.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Introduces Eight-Core Mac Pros
- Find Strongest Wi-Fi Networks Easily
- More on Apple/EMI and DRM-Free Music
- Google Desktop Comes to the Mac
- Step on a WEP Crack, Break Your Network's Back
- Use iPods Cautiously While Driving
- 3G iPod Owners Beware Compatibility Claims
- Online Backup Options Expand
- Take Control News/09-Apr-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/09-Apr-07