Last week VMware released Beta 3 of its Fusion virtualization software for running Windows on an Intel-based Mac. Among several new features are two that are obvious attempts to overcome advantages offered by competitor Parallels Desktop: support for booting from a copy of Windows installed under Boot Camp and an Easy Install option to automate the process of running the Windows installer. This version also includes performance improvements and a simplification in the way virtual machines are packaged, among other changes. Fusion beta 3 is a 135 MB download.
Printing onto Forms from Preview
Having trouble accurately printing onto pre-printed forms from Preview? First, save your file as a PDF and review it carefully onscreen, then choose Print. Next, within Preview's Print dialog, under Scaling options, select "No automatic page scaling," to ensure proper alignment with the pre-printed form.
Published in TidBITS 874.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Introduces Eight-Core Mac Pros
- Find Strongest Wi-Fi Networks Easily
- More on Apple/EMI and DRM-Free Music
- Google Desktop Comes to the Mac
- Step on a WEP Crack, Break Your Network's Back
- Use iPods Cautiously While Driving
- 3G iPod Owners Beware Compatibility Claims
- Online Backup Options Expand
- Take Control News/09-Apr-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/09-Apr-07