Rogue Amoeba has released an update to Fission, the company's simple audio manipulation program aimed at providing the most commonly needed subset of audio editing features (for more details, see "Fission Manipulates Audio Tracks of All Stripes," 2006-09-25, along with Andy Williams Affleck's "Take Control of Podcasting on the Mac"). Fission 1.5 extends the "trim, split, and clean up" capabilities of the original version by adding support for audio insertion, making it possible to copy and paste audio within a file; combine audio from multiple files, regardless of audio format; and drag and drop files from the Finder to append to existing audio. Other new features in Fission 1.5 include the capability to increase or decrease the volume of any file, full support for cue sheets, auto-complete in Inspector fields, a Zoom to Selection command, and the addition of the Album Artist tag in the Inspector. Updates are free to registered users; new copies of Fission cost $32. It requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and is a 3.1 MB download.
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
- Fission Manipulates Audio Tracks of All Stripes (25 Sep 06)
Published in TidBITS 877.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Battery Update 1.2 Issued for MacBook and MacBook Pro
- Apple Reports Strong Q2 2007 Financials
- DealBITS Winners: Open Door Networks' DoorStop X Security Suite
- Wanted: Dutch Translators
- Two Online Backup Services Announce Public Betas
- Virtualization Options Expand
- CSSEdit 2.5 Makes CSS Even Easier
- Coda Plays Web Developers a New Tune
- Former Apple Employees Charged in Stock Option Backdating
- Take Control News/30-Apr-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/30-Apr-07