Last quarter Apple saw strong Mac sales growth in Europe, which (among oodles of other things, I'm sure) means that there are more Dutch-speaking Mac users than ever before. If you can translate English into Dutch, our long-running and highly amiable volunteer Dutch translation team is looking for some fresh faces. You can learn more about what's involved and contact them on the Dutch version of our Web site. As an incentive, note that TidBITS translators receive all of our Take Control ebooks as thanks for their efforts.
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
Published in TidBITS 877.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Battery Update 1.2 Issued for MacBook and MacBook Pro
- Apple Reports Strong Q2 2007 Financials
- DealBITS Winners: Open Door Networks' DoorStop X Security Suite
- Two Online Backup Services Announce Public Betas
- Fission 1.5 Adds Full Audio Insertion
- Virtualization Options Expand
- CSSEdit 2.5 Makes CSS Even Easier
- Coda Plays Web Developers a New Tune
- Former Apple Employees Charged in Stock Option Backdating
- Take Control News/30-Apr-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/30-Apr-07