Last quarter Apple saw strong Mac sales growth in Europe, which (among oodles of other things, I'm sure) means that there are more Dutch-speaking Mac users than ever before. If you can translate English into Dutch, our long-running and highly amiable volunteer Dutch translation team is looking for some fresh faces. You can learn more about what's involved and contact them on the Dutch version of our Web site. As an incentive, note that TidBITS translators receive all of our Take Control ebooks as thanks for their efforts.
Find Which Applications Phone Home with VirusBarrier X6
Worried about rogue applications or spyware "phoning home" with your private data? Turn on VirusBarrier's Anti-Spyware feature, and it will alert you to applications that attempt to connect to remote servers. Once you know which apps are phoning home, you can block or allow each individually, and you can even block or allow specific ports for each application, to ensure that your private data stays private.
Published in TidBITS 877.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Battery Update 1.2 Issued for MacBook and MacBook Pro
- Apple Reports Strong Q2 2007 Financials
- DealBITS Winners: Open Door Networks' DoorStop X Security Suite
- Two Online Backup Services Announce Public Betas
- Fission 1.5 Adds Full Audio Insertion
- Virtualization Options Expand
- CSSEdit 2.5 Makes CSS Even Easier
- Coda Plays Web Developers a New Tune
- Former Apple Employees Charged in Stock Option Backdating
- Take Control News/30-Apr-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/30-Apr-07