Along with fixing a variety of bugs, Ergonis Software's recently released PopChar X 3.2 font utility adds an option to hide the application's corner "P" unless the cursor is nearby, something regular users might appreciate, whereas less frequent users may prefer the constant reminder of PopChar's presence. (See "PopChar X 3.0 Improves Usability," 2006-07-03, for a more detailed description.) Other improvements include an option to highlight recently selected characters for easier re-use, faster display rendering, and an architectural change to make PopChar X resolution-independent for future Mac OS X releases. PopChar X 3.2 is free for customers who purchased within the last two years; new copies cost 30 euros and upgrades are 15 euros. The program requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer, and is a 1.7 MB download.
Just Show Me the Pictures!
Do you ever find that you don't have time to read those long email missives from Aunt Carol, but really do want to see the photos that she has lovingly attached? In Apple Mail, click the Quick Look button located in the message header. You'll get an easily browsed view of just the attached photos, and you can even add them to iPhoto, if you like!
- PopChar X 3.0 Improves Usability (03 Jul 06)
Published in TidBITS 879.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.5 Update
- Apple Releases Pro Application Support 4.0
- Encyclopedia of Life Launches
- DealBITS Drawing: Parallels on USB Drive from Small Dog
- Danes Publicize iBook G4 Defect
- PageSender 4.0 Shows Fax Isn't Dead
- Steve Jobs Addresses Greenpeace at Shareholder Meeting
- Take Control News/14-May-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-May-07