Along with fixing a variety of bugs, Ergonis Software's recently released PopChar X 3.2 font utility adds an option to hide the application's corner "P" unless the cursor is nearby, something regular users might appreciate, whereas less frequent users may prefer the constant reminder of PopChar's presence. (See "PopChar X 3.0 Improves Usability," 2006-07-03, for a more detailed description.) Other improvements include an option to highlight recently selected characters for easier re-use, faster display rendering, and an architectural change to make PopChar X resolution-independent for future Mac OS X releases. PopChar X 3.2 is free for customers who purchased within the last two years; new copies cost 30 euros and upgrades are 15 euros. The program requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer, and is a 1.7 MB download.
View Extra Audio Details in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, Option-clicking the Volume icon in the menu bar displays a list of sound input and output devices. Choose one to switch to it; it's much easier than using the Sound preference pane. Also, hold Shift and click the icon to set the system volume, which is separate from the general output volume.
- PopChar X 3.0 Improves Usability (03 Jul 06)
Published in TidBITS 879.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.5 Update
- Apple Releases Pro Application Support 4.0
- Encyclopedia of Life Launches
- DealBITS Drawing: Parallels on USB Drive from Small Dog
- Danes Publicize iBook G4 Defect
- PageSender 4.0 Shows Fax Isn't Dead
- Steve Jobs Addresses Greenpeace at Shareholder Meeting
- Take Control News/14-May-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-May-07