Along with fixing a variety of bugs, Ergonis Software's recently released PopChar X 3.2 font utility adds an option to hide the application's corner "P" unless the cursor is nearby, something regular users might appreciate, whereas less frequent users may prefer the constant reminder of PopChar's presence. (See "PopChar X 3.0 Improves Usability," 2006-07-03, for a more detailed description.) Other improvements include an option to highlight recently selected characters for easier re-use, faster display rendering, and an architectural change to make PopChar X resolution-independent for future Mac OS X releases. PopChar X 3.2 is free for customers who purchased within the last two years; new copies cost 30 euros and upgrades are 15 euros. The program requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer, and is a 1.7 MB download.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- PopChar X 3.0 Improves Usability (03 Jul 06)
Published in TidBITS 879.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Releases Office 2004 11.3.5 Update
- Apple Releases Pro Application Support 4.0
- Encyclopedia of Life Launches
- DealBITS Drawing: Parallels on USB Drive from Small Dog
- Danes Publicize iBook G4 Defect
- PageSender 4.0 Shows Fax Isn't Dead
- Steve Jobs Addresses Greenpeace at Shareholder Meeting
- Take Control News/14-May-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-May-07