Congratulations to Angus Davol of mac.com, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Parallels Desktop on a 512 MB Kingston USB drive, worth $69.99. For those who didn't win, Small Dog is offering a $5 discount on the bundle through 05-Jun-07, dropping the price to $64.99. Thanks to the 1,241 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Springy Dock Tricks
If you drag a file and hover over Dock icons, various useful things happen which are similar to Finder springing. If it's a window, the window un-minimizes from the Dock. If it's a stack, the corresponding folder in the Finder opens. If it's the Finder, it brings the Finder to the foreground and opens a window if one doesn't exist already. But the coolest (and most hidden) springing trick is if you hover over an application and press the Space bar, the application comes to the foreground. This is great for things like grabbing a file from somewhere to drop into a Mail composition window that's otherwise hidden. Grab the file you want, hover over the Mail icon, press the Space bar, and Mail comes to the front for you to drop the file into the compose window. Be sure that Spring-Loaded Folders and Windows is enabled in the Finder Preferences window.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 880.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook Receives Performance Bump
- Microsoft Office Open XML File Format Converter in Beta
- iPhone Receives FCC Approval
- Dropping Drawers Become Dragging Things
- Where No Drive Has Gone Before
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's PageSender
- Call Me 'Two Finger' Mark
- Farewell FreeHand
- Microsoft Acting Like a Patent Troll?
- Telegraphing a 50%-Off Take Control Ebook Sale
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-May-07