Congratulations to Angus Davol of mac.com, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Parallels Desktop on a 512 MB Kingston USB drive, worth $69.99. For those who didn't win, Small Dog is offering a $5 discount on the bundle through 05-Jun-07, dropping the price to $64.99. Thanks to the 1,241 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Before Submitting Web Forms
Filling in Web forms (like the one used to submit this tip) can be a bit of a gamble - you put in your pearls of wisdom, perhaps only to lose them all if the Web page flakes out or the browser crashes. Instead of losing all your text, "save" it by pressing Command-A to select all and then Command-C to copy the selected text to the clipboard. Do this periodically as you type and before you click Submit, and you may "save" yourself from a lot of frustration. It takes just a second to do, and the first time you need to rely on it to paste back in lost text, you'll feel smart.
Published in TidBITS 880.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook Receives Performance Bump
- Microsoft Office Open XML File Format Converter in Beta
- iPhone Receives FCC Approval
- Dropping Drawers Become Dragging Things
- Where No Drive Has Gone Before
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's PageSender
- Call Me 'Two Finger' Mark
- Farewell FreeHand
- Microsoft Acting Like a Patent Troll?
- Telegraphing a 50%-Off Take Control Ebook Sale
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-May-07