Congratulations to Angus Davol of mac.com, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Parallels Desktop on a 512 MB Kingston USB drive, worth $69.99. For those who didn't win, Small Dog is offering a $5 discount on the bundle through 05-Jun-07, dropping the price to $64.99. Thanks to the 1,241 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
See All Your Books in iBooks
The iBooks app for iOS lets you assign your books to different collections, but does not have any obvious way for you to see all of your books, regardless of the collection you have put them in. There is, however, a workaround that can show you just about all of your books at once: reveal the search field at the top of any collection in iBooks and type a single space into that field.
With this search, iBooks lists all of the books that have a space either in the title of the book or in the author's name. Other than the rare book that has a one-word title and a single-name author, you end up with a list of all of your books.
Published in TidBITS 880.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook Receives Performance Bump
- Microsoft Office Open XML File Format Converter in Beta
- iPhone Receives FCC Approval
- Dropping Drawers Become Dragging Things
- Where No Drive Has Gone Before
- DealBITS Drawing: SmileOnMyMac's PageSender
- Call Me 'Two Finger' Mark
- Farewell FreeHand
- Microsoft Acting Like a Patent Troll?
- Telegraphing a 50%-Off Take Control Ebook Sale
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-May-07
DealBITS Winners: Parallels on USB Drive from Small Dog
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Robert Steinberg, Erik Mueller-Harder, Norm Gregory,
and Nicholas Avery for their generous support!