One Day Left in Take Control Sale -- Here's a quick reminder that, because of the Memorial Day holiday in the United States, our 50 percent-off sale on all Take Control ebooks continues through 29-May-07.
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
Published in TidBITS 881.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-005 Released
- Copyright Fun and Games
- MacLinkPlus Deluxe Converts Word/Excel 2007 Documents
- DealBITS Winners: SmileOnMyMac's PageSender
- Making Pages in Adobe Illustrator
- Scroll Wheel Tips
- A Personal Shopper for HD Video Editing Gear
- Geophoto Puts Your Photos on the Map
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-May-07
Take Control News/28-May-07
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>