Congratulations to William Causey of msn.com, Susan Alles of dontgotmail.com, and Jeremy Meadows of not-pc.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of BeLight Software's Live Interior 3D, worth $79.95. Since Jeremy was referred to DealBITS by Randall Meadows, Randall will also receive a copy as a thank you. But don't fret if you didn't win, since BeLight is offering everyone who entered this DealBITS drawing a 15 percent discount on Live Interior 3D through 21-Jun-07, dropping the price to $67.95. Thanks to the 1,195 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 883.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS Staffers Honored in 2007 MacTech 25
- Adam & Tonya Speaking at O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing
- DealBITS: Win a Tom Bihn Laptop Briefcase, Case, and Strap
- Apple iPhone Won't Be Barred Under Ruling
- Apple Improves MacBook Pro
- And Today's Surprise Guest Is... GoLive 9
- Typinator Turns Two
- NetNewsWire 3.0 Speeds Up, Adds Integration
- LogMeIn Adds Remote Control for Mac
- A Trio of Windows-on-Mac Announcements
- Leopard Roars at WWDC 2007 Keynote
- Take Control News/11-Jun-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Jun-07