Congratulations to William Causey of msn.com, Susan Alles of dontgotmail.com, and Jeremy Meadows of not-pc.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of BeLight Software's Live Interior 3D, worth $79.95. Since Jeremy was referred to DealBITS by Randall Meadows, Randall will also receive a copy as a thank you. But don't fret if you didn't win, since BeLight is offering everyone who entered this DealBITS drawing a 15 percent discount on Live Interior 3D through 21-Jun-07, dropping the price to $67.95. Thanks to the 1,195 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Springy Dock Tricks
If you drag a file and hover over Dock icons, various useful things happen which are similar to Finder springing. If it's a window, the window un-minimizes from the Dock. If it's a stack, the corresponding folder in the Finder opens. If it's the Finder, it brings the Finder to the foreground and opens a window if one doesn't exist already. But the coolest (and most hidden) springing trick is if you hover over an application and press the Space bar, the application comes to the foreground. This is great for things like grabbing a file from somewhere to drop into a Mail composition window that's otherwise hidden. Grab the file you want, hover over the Mail icon, press the Space bar, and Mail comes to the front for you to drop the file into the compose window. Be sure that Spring-Loaded Folders and Windows is enabled in the Finder Preferences window.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 883.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS Staffers Honored in 2007 MacTech 25
- Adam & Tonya Speaking at O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing
- DealBITS: Win a Tom Bihn Laptop Briefcase, Case, and Strap
- Apple iPhone Won't Be Barred Under Ruling
- Apple Improves MacBook Pro
- And Today's Surprise Guest Is... GoLive 9
- Typinator Turns Two
- NetNewsWire 3.0 Speeds Up, Adds Integration
- LogMeIn Adds Remote Control for Mac
- A Trio of Windows-on-Mac Announcements
- Leopard Roars at WWDC 2007 Keynote
- Take Control News/11-Jun-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Jun-07