Troubleshooting Ebook Now In Print -- Troubleshooting a Mac with a serious startup problem is easy with the help in our new "Take Control of Troubleshooting Your Mac" ebook, but it certainly helps if you can read the text while you're having the problem. Although you could read the ebook on another computer or print it out yourself, you can also now order the print version - double-sided, professionally printed, and wire-bound - for $19.99 through QOOP, our print-on-demand service. For those who have bought the ebook already, click the Print link on the cover to purchase the print book for only $9.99.
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
Published in TidBITS 884.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Announces iPhone Changes
- Apple Updates Windows Safari Beta with Security Fixes
- Macworld's State of the Mac Reliability Survey
- DealBITS Winner: Tom Bihn Laptop Briefcase, Case, and Strap
- VM2Go Manages Parallels Virtual Machines
- Loki Here
- Visions of the Sublime and the Inane
- 1Passwd Eases Password Pain
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Jun-07
Take Control News/18-Jun-07
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>