Less than two weeks before the iPhone's much-anticipated release, Apple announced two noteworthy improvements to its previously published specifications. First, Apple now claims a much longer battery life. According to Apple's statement, the iPhone will offer "up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback. In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours - more than 10 days - of standby time." The second change is in the iPhone's top surface, including the touch-screen display, which will be made of optical-quality glass instead of plastic, thus making it more scratch-resistant.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Highlight Groups in Address Book
Want to see which groups one or more contacts belong to? Select them and then press the Option key. Address Book highlights the groups of which the selected contacts are members.
- YouTube Comes to iPhone and Apple TV (25 Jun 07)
Published in TidBITS 884.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Updates Windows Safari Beta with Security Fixes
- Macworld's State of the Mac Reliability Survey
- DealBITS Winner: Tom Bihn Laptop Briefcase, Case, and Strap
- VM2Go Manages Parallels Virtual Machines
- Loki Here
- Visions of the Sublime and the Inane
- 1Passwd Eases Password Pain
- Take Control News/18-Jun-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Jun-07