Less than two weeks before the iPhone's much-anticipated release, Apple announced two noteworthy improvements to its previously published specifications. First, Apple now claims a much longer battery life. According to Apple's statement, the iPhone will offer "up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback. In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours - more than 10 days - of standby time." The second change is in the iPhone's top surface, including the touch-screen display, which will be made of optical-quality glass instead of plastic, thus making it more scratch-resistant.
Spacebar Magnifies Photos in iPhoto '08
In iPhoto '08, you can choose whether double-clicking on a photo will edit it or magnify it. I prefer my double-clicks to edit photos, but every now and then it's nice to magnify a photo. To do that, even when double-click is set to edit, just select the photo and press the Spacebar.
- YouTube Comes to iPhone and Apple TV (25 Jun 07)
Published in TidBITS 884.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Updates Windows Safari Beta with Security Fixes
- Macworld's State of the Mac Reliability Survey
- DealBITS Winner: Tom Bihn Laptop Briefcase, Case, and Strap
- VM2Go Manages Parallels Virtual Machines
- Loki Here
- Visions of the Sublime and the Inane
- 1Passwd Eases Password Pain
- Take Control News/18-Jun-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Jun-07