Apple has released MacBook Pro Software Update 1.0, which fixes a number of unspecified problems with 2.2 GHz and 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro models. According to a post at MacFixIt, the update appears to patch several issues with the Nvidia graphics cards and may solve an issue with "shimmering" display issues. The update is available via Software Update on the affected machines, or as a 14.7 MB download.
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 886.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Adobe Ships Rest of Creative Suite 3
- Universal Rejects Long-Term Apple iTunes Contract
- PDFpen 3.2 Adds Editing Marks
- Final Cut Studio 2 Applications, SuperDrive Firmware Updated
- DealBITS Discount: 4 GB iPod nano from Small Dog
- iTunes 7.3 Adds iPhone, Apple TV Features
- iPhone Voice, Data Plans Reasonably Priced, but Missing Wi-Fi
- Staff Roundtable: Who's Buying an iPhone?
- My First Days with the iPhone
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Jul-07