Apple has released MacBook Pro Software Update 1.0, which fixes a number of unspecified problems with 2.2 GHz and 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro models. According to a post at MacFixIt, the update appears to patch several issues with the Nvidia graphics cards and may solve an issue with "shimmering" display issues. The update is available via Software Update on the affected machines, or as a 14.7 MB download.
Avoid Long Hierarchical Menus
If you right-click (or Control-click) on some item, such as a file in the Finder, and one of the sub-menus has many options (Open With is a frequent culprit), it may take several seconds to open, even on a fast machine, which is annoying if you did not actually want that sub-menu.
The trick is to not pull the cursor through the menu, but in a curve around it, so the cursor does not touch any menu items until lower on the list where you wanted to go.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 886.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Adobe Ships Rest of Creative Suite 3
- Universal Rejects Long-Term Apple iTunes Contract
- PDFpen 3.2 Adds Editing Marks
- Final Cut Studio 2 Applications, SuperDrive Firmware Updated
- DealBITS Discount: 4 GB iPod nano from Small Dog
- iTunes 7.3 Adds iPhone, Apple TV Features
- iPhone Voice, Data Plans Reasonably Priced, but Missing Wi-Fi
- Staff Roundtable: Who's Buying an iPhone?
- My First Days with the iPhone
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Jul-07