Apple has released MacBook Pro Software Update 1.0, which fixes a number of unspecified problems with 2.2 GHz and 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro models. According to a post at MacFixIt, the update appears to patch several issues with the Nvidia graphics cards and may solve an issue with "shimmering" display issues. The update is available via Software Update on the affected machines, or as a 14.7 MB download.
Opening a Folder from the Dock
Sick of the dock on Mac OS X Leopard not being able to open folders with a simple click, like sanity demands and like it used to be in Tiger? You can, of course click it, and then click again on Open in Finder, but that's twice as many clicks as it used to be. (And while you're at it, Control-click the folder, and choose both Display as Folder and View Content as List from the contextual menu. Once you have the content displaying as a list, there's an Open command right there, but that requires Control-clicking and choosing a menu item.) The closest you can get to opening a docked folder with a single click is Command-click, which opens its enclosing folder. However, if you instead put a file from the docked folder in the Dock, and Command-click that file, you'll see the folder you want. Of course, if you forget to press Command when clicking, you'll open the file, which may be even more annoying.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 886.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Adobe Ships Rest of Creative Suite 3
- Universal Rejects Long-Term Apple iTunes Contract
- PDFpen 3.2 Adds Editing Marks
- Final Cut Studio 2 Applications, SuperDrive Firmware Updated
- DealBITS Discount: 4 GB iPod nano from Small Dog
- iTunes 7.3 Adds iPhone, Apple TV Features
- iPhone Voice, Data Plans Reasonably Priced, but Missing Wi-Fi
- Staff Roundtable: Who's Buying an iPhone?
- My First Days with the iPhone
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Jul-07