In what one may perceive as either a major or minor delay, Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit (MacBU) has announced that Office 2008 for the Mac will now ship in mid-January 2008 in the United States, with worldwide availability scheduled for the first quarter of 2008. That probably translates to a public unveiling at Macworld Expo in San Francisco on 14-Jan-08. Previously, Office 2008 had been scheduled for release in the second half of 2007, but according to the MacBU, the slip was required to achieve the necessary level of quality. User comments on Microsoft's Mac Mojo blog tend toward the testy, with a number of people expressing disappointment about the delay while simultaneously acknowledging that quality is key.
iTunes Apps Tab in Landscape?
If your iPad is locked in landscape orientation when in the charging dock, apps in the Apps tab of iTunes will display in landscape orientation. (This also occurs when your iPad is not in the dock but connected to iTunes via the charging cable while in landscape orientation).
Published in TidBITS 891.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X, Safari 3, and iPhone Security Updates
- AirPort Extreme Update 2007-004 Released
- iTunes 7.3.2 Fixes Unspecified Bugs
- VMware Announces Fusion 1.0 Release
- Microsoft Releases RDC and XML Converter Betas
- BBEdit 8.7 Bulks Up
- Missing Sync 4.0 Supports Latest Windows Mobile Devices
- Fake Steve Jobs Finally Unmasked
- PopCap Pops iPhone Productivity
- Curing Your LaunchBar Addiction
- Freecycle: Disposing of Good Old Stuff
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Aug-07