Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 8.7, a notable update to the company's powerful HTML and text editor. Significant changes include support for smart folders as sources for text factories and multi-file search operations, the capability to re-open on launch documents that were open as of the last quit, support for alternative terminal applications, AppleScript improvements, better language module support for Python, and support for the programming language Lua. Bare Bones also rewrote BBEdit's File Group feature, which lets you collect a set of files and folders into a single persistent (and automatically updated) window, and enhanced the disk browser feature that makes it easy to browse through text files on disk. Numerous other changes and bug fixes round out the release; it's overall cleaner and more functional. BBEdit 8.7 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and is a universal binary. The update is a 15.2 MB download and is free to registered users of BBEdit 8.5 or later; owners of versions 8.0 to 8.2.6 can upgrade for $30. New copies cost $125 for individuals or $49 for educational customers.
Sync Safari Bookmarks to Your iPhone
Tired of typing URLs into Mobile Safari on your iPhone or iPod touch? Use the bookmarks you already have in Safari on your Mac.
Next time you do an iTunes sync, select your iPhone or iPod touch in the Devices section of the iTunes sidebar. Scroll down to the Web Browser section of the Info tab on the right-hand side of the iTunes window and select Sync Safari Bookmarks.
After your next sync the bookmarks will be available in Mobile Safari on your iPhone or iPod touch.
Published in TidBITS 891.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X, Safari 3, and iPhone Security Updates
- AirPort Extreme Update 2007-004 Released
- iTunes 7.3.2 Fixes Unspecified Bugs
- VMware Announces Fusion 1.0 Release
- Microsoft Office 2008 Slips to January
- Microsoft Releases RDC and XML Converter Betas
- Missing Sync 4.0 Supports Latest Windows Mobile Devices
- Fake Steve Jobs Finally Unmasked
- PopCap Pops iPhone Productivity
- Curing Your LaunchBar Addiction
- Freecycle: Disposing of Good Old Stuff
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Aug-07