Just a month after releasing a security update to Microsoft Office 2004 (see "Microsoft Office 2004 11.3.6 Addresses Security Issues," 2007-07-16), Microsoft has done it again, releasing Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update. The 8.5 MB update, which you can also install directly from within the Microsoft AutoUpdate utility, reportedly fixes a vulnerability that an attacker could use "to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code." The 11.3.7 update requires that you have already updated to 11.3.6, which in turn requires 11.3.5. Just use the Microsoft AutoUpdate utility, which does all the heavy lifting for you.
Toggle Dock Magnification Temporarily
Sometimes it may be handy to enable or disable Dock magnification quickly. You can toggle Dock magnification from your normal settings easily, and temporarily, by pressing Control-Shift as you mouse over the Dock.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- iPhone, iLife '08 Receive Bug-Fix Updates
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07
Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and