Just a month after releasing a security update to Microsoft Office 2004 (see "Microsoft Office 2004 11.3.6 Addresses Security Issues," 2007-07-16), Microsoft has done it again, releasing Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update. The 8.5 MB update, which you can also install directly from within the Microsoft AutoUpdate utility, reportedly fixes a vulnerability that an attacker could use "to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code." The 11.3.7 update requires that you have already updated to 11.3.6, which in turn requires 11.3.5. Just use the Microsoft AutoUpdate utility, which does all the heavy lifting for you.
Open Links from Apple Mail in the Background
If an email message in Mail includes a Web link which you'd prefer to check out after you've read all your mail, and you don't want to hunt for the link later, Command-click the link in the message to open a browser window in the background. Mail remains the foreground application, and the browser window can wait till you're ready.
Visit MacTipster blog
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- iPhone, iLife '08 Receive Bug-Fix Updates
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07