Thanks to our friend Ned Holbrook for the correction of the week. In "C4 Conference Rethinks MacHack" (2007-08-20), I described Erlang as a "new" language, but it turns out that, although it was released as open source in 1998 and has seen more interest recently, Erlang was first used within Ericsson around 1987, making it about 20 years old. "And," as Ned said, "if you enjoyed this correction, you might also enjoy 'Erlang: The Movie'." Don't miss the martial arts "Erlang Quan: Basic Applications" movie that YouTube thinks is related. Now if only the audio for the former could be synced to the video of the latter...
Printing onto Forms from Preview
Having trouble accurately printing onto pre-printed forms from Preview? First, save your file as a PDF and review it carefully onscreen, then choose Print. Next, within Preview's Print dialog, under Scaling options, select "No automatic page scaling," to ensure proper alignment with the pre-printed form.
- C4 Conference Rethinks MacHack (20 Aug 07)
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- iPhone, iLife '08 Receive Bug-Fix Updates
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07