Thanks to our friend Ned Holbrook for the correction of the week. In "C4 Conference Rethinks MacHack" (2007-08-20), I described Erlang as a "new" language, but it turns out that, although it was released as open source in 1998 and has seen more interest recently, Erlang was first used within Ericsson around 1987, making it about 20 years old. "And," as Ned said, "if you enjoyed this correction, you might also enjoy 'Erlang: The Movie'." Don't miss the martial arts "Erlang Quan: Basic Applications" movie that YouTube thinks is related. Now if only the audio for the former could be synced to the video of the latter...
Open Links from Apple Mail in the Background
If an email message in Mail includes a Web link which you'd prefer to check out after you've read all your mail, and you don't want to hunt for the link later, Command-click the link in the message to open a browser window in the background. Mail remains the foreground application, and the browser window can wait till you're ready.
Visit MacTipster blog
- C4 Conference Rethinks MacHack (20 Aug 07)
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- iPhone, iLife '08 Receive Bug-Fix Updates
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07