Next Monday is the Labor Day holiday in the United States, which is celebrated as a three-day weekend. We won't be publishing an issue that day, though that doesn't mean we're laboring any less. We'll be taking this opportunity to work on the TidBITS infrastructure, and of course we'll continue to post news and other articles of interest to the TidBITS Web site. Our next issue will arrive the following Monday, September 10th. See you then!
Option-click to Hide Apps Quickly
This trick has been available in the Mac OS for years, but many people still don't know it. If you have too many windows cluttering up your screen, you can hide specific ones easily as you work. When you're in any application, hold down the Option key and click on another app's window, on the Dock, or in the Finder to switch to that other app and simultaneously hide all the windows in the previously current app.
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iPhone, iLife '08 Receive Bug-Fix Updates
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07